2nd year players most likely to breakout as STARS in 2018?

VanS

On 6/5/2018 at 12:25 AM, berlin calling said:

for the Ravens it'll be Marlon Humphrey. he should be the starter over Carr this season and be a household name soon, already impressed in the few games he started last season.

He doesn't fit the quality of being underwhelming his first year. He was excellent. 5th in the entire NFL in opposing passer rating in passes targeting him and didn't allow a single touchdown. Even though he wasn't officially a starter until late, he did play over 54% if the total defensive snaps on the season. Becoming a star is not about breaking out for him. It's just a matter of sustaining his excellent play and getting recognition for it, among an absolutely STACKED cornerback class.

Tyus Bowser is the guy for the Ravens who seems to have special talent waiting to be unleashed.

39 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

He doesn't fit the quality of being underwhelming his first year. He was excellent. 5th in the entire NFL in opposing passer rating in passes targeting him and didn't allow a single touchdown. Even though he wasn't officially a starter until late, he did play over 54% if the total defensive snaps on the season. Becoming a star is not about breaking out for him. It's just a matter of sustaining his excellent play and getting recognition for it, among an absolutely STACKED cornerback class.

Tyus Bowser is the guy for the Ravens who seems to have special talent waiting to be unleashed.

It's not gonna happen this year though because he's still going to be playing behind Suggs and Judon. I absolutely expect him to get much more snaps, and make a much larger impact than last year though.

On 6/3/2018 at 11:58 PM, NFLExpert49 said:

Myles Garrett: The law of averages is about to catch up with the Browns. You can only be that bad for so long. They're heading to the playoffs very soon.

The Browns have proven the law of averages wrong for over a decade now. xD

He kind of already had a big rookie season, but i think you're going to see Carl Lawson (DE, Bengals) breaking out this year.

I also agree that Mixon should have a nice season behind a (hopefully) improved OL.

As for non-Bengals, Dalvin Cook is a good pick.  So is Corey Davis.

With Norv Turner as OC, I would be surprised if McCaffrey didn’t have a monster season. He’s perfect for the offense.  He had 1,000 YFS splitting time last year and finished with 100 yards receiving in his only playoff game. 

Archived