• Myles Jack
    • Dante Fowler
    • Taven Bryan
    • Marcel Dareus
    • Jermey Parnell
    • Josh Lambo
    • Other (please specify)

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

And I’m pretty sure we’ve now gone twice as far as any of these have gone for our forum in the past.

We've still got some good players left to go too...which is different.

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

We've still got some good players left to go too...which is different.

A little odd.

I feel like we can get through probably 16 and still feel like we aren’t putting up scrubs on the list. P great feeling.

I know he doesn't stand a chance of winning this one, but i went with Gipson.  Really underrated important part of the best secondary in football imo.  Like Marrone said...he had a Pro Bowl caliber season.  Just kinda overshadowed by Jalen and Bouye and the front as a group i think.

I can see the Dareus case over the Myles case.  I still think Myles has some stuff to prove without Poz to sorta complement his weaker areas.

Dareus has been a stud player before, and his impact here was pretty undeniable.  The way he can push the pocket, while also controlling gaps and swallowing up running lanes isn't an everyday combination skillset.

Oh wow. The love Myles Jack is getting is insane. I love the guy too, but I believe that Gip was a bro bowl player. He had a very good season. He is a top end player on the defense and a sure tackler. 

The Jaguars passing defense was not only great because of those outside corners,  but because of the impact that Gip had in the back. A sideline to sideline FS who was once considered a top 5 FS.

2 hours ago, Jags said:

Oh wow. The love Myles Jack is getting is insane. I love the guy too, but I believe that Gip was a bro bowl player. He had a very good season. He is a top end player on the defense and a sure tackler. 

The Jaguars passing defense was not only great because of those outside corners,  but because of the impact that Gip had in the back. A sideline to sideline FS who was once considered a top 5 FS.

He definitely is underrated, but I think some are using what they started to see late in the year and taking future projection into account.

Gip def has a leg to stand on and should be in the discussion, I'd still lean Myles though.

Archived