Adonis Alexander

UKChief

Applied for the supplemental draft due to academic issues, though he plans on getting his degree still so maybe he’s growing up a bit.

Link

Anyone else think he’s worth a flier in the 4th round+ ? I’d feel a lot better about our cb depth with him there and he seems a natural fit for our press scheme.

He’s got elite athletic traits for the position and that’s something you can’t say for anyone in our cb room right now except Fuller’s CoD skills.

i just think for a 4th next year we wouldn’t be able get the same kind of athletic profile in the actual draft , and we get him in the building a year early where Andy and the coaching staff can see if this guys got what it takes mentally.

on a side note:

nice to be on the forum, I’ve been a lurker on the old site for 6-7 years and seems a few of the old posters are still around. Has ryk left due to the lack of sigs in the new set-up? :D

1 minute ago, UKChief said:

He’s got elite athletic traits for the position and that’s something you can’t say for anyone in our cb room right now except Fuller’s CoD skills.

i just think for a 4th next year we wouldn’t be able get the same kind of athletic profile in the actual draft , and we get him in the building a year early where Andy and the coaching staff can see if this guys got what it takes mentally.

on a side note:

nice to be on the forum, I’ve been a lurker on the old site for 6-7 years and seems a few of the old posters are still around. Has ryk left due to the lack of sigs in the new set-up? :D

Welcome to the club! Good to have one more guy from the good side of the pond :D

Ryk's gone for quite a while now as are many of the old ones. This has become a pretty quiet place, and Paylor's and Keysor's departure from their previous jobs doesn't help getting proper Chiefs information. The team's media department definitely has a job to do -and shutting out the media from OTA doesn't really help.

15 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Welcome to the club! Good to have one more guy from the good side of the pond :D

Ryk's gone for quite a while now as are many of the old ones. This has become a pretty quiet place, and Paylor's and Keysor's departure from their previous jobs doesn't help getting proper Chiefs information. The team's media department definitely has a job to do -and shutting out the media from OTA doesn't really help.

Always been impressed with the depth charts and your general knowledge of the less sexy elements of our rosters (bubble players, cap etc) so just wanted to say thanks for all that work!

hopefully a few more longtime lurkers will perk up and Get us debating things and falling out in no time!

Ohh they’re lurking.  Just waiting for things to pick.

As far as Alexander, who is the last supplemental guy that actually planned out?  Aside from Josh Gordon and all his stuff.

I actually like his traits, but nothing more than a p/s player for this season I’d guess. He’s already way behind the curve.

Only been a handful in the last 12 years, and they seem to have about a 30-50% success rate, out of this List.

From 07 onwards I’d take Gaither, Brent (rip), Gordon and Pryor, although Pryor didn’t do much for the raiders. 

Most seem to be one contract players where they’re drafted, but I’m not sure that’s much different to your standard 3-7th round pick

Good spot! Maybe that’ll impact their thinking too as we’re already down some picks.

Not until July usually so hopefully one of the young guys flashes something during otas at cb 

Success rate on supplemental guys is fairly decent, really. Taking a guy in the supplemental draft is really no different than taking a problem guy that falls in the main draft. They'll normally go a bit lower than a a guy with a duller background but equal talent, so the upside is there but the bust potential is high too. You could get Justin Houston (the talent sticks but the concerns don't), you could get Vontaze Burfict, (the talent and the problems shine through) or you could get Maurice Clarett (all the concerns become too real.)

Generally, I trust our coaching staff and FO to assess situations like this. If they gave him the green light I wouldn't be worried at all. But from our perspective it is tough to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived