CHI re-signs TE Zach Miller to veteran min deal despite uncertain future

Broncofan

4 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

where do they go from here to fill that 4th spot

When you're talking about a #4 guy, you're probably looking at a guy who gets cut in TC who has a solid base to rely on. Perhaps a UDFA from last year who might lose a spot to a drafted rookie from this past draft.

16 hours ago, Uncle_Rico said:

Great move by the Bears. 

He was also robbed of a TD on that play that almost cost him his leg. One of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Seems like a bad time to do this, but I'm going to do it anyway. That wasn't a TD, it was quite clear actually. Ball moved significantly and hits the ground.

Very classy move by the Bears, unfortunately moves like this are few and far between.

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

How likely is that he ever comes back and plays? I can't imagine that being a very high number.

Like I said before, his life outside of football is more important than being able to play. I wish him the very best and I applaud the Bears for this move.

It is highly unlikely. He bounces back from injuries all too regularly, but this one is just likely the death knell of his career. He is a resilient SOB though, so I can't say he won't play again, just that I would be surprised if he lined up even once.

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Seems like a bad time to do this, but I'm going to do it anyway. That wasn't a TD, it was quite clear actually. Ball moved significantly and hits the ground.

I just watched it back (which was brutal) and I see no evidence of it hitting the ground. The call on the field was a TD so there needs to be inconclusive evidence to overturn that and I don't see any case to be made for that.

26 minutes ago, Uncle_Rico said:

I just watched it back (which was brutal) and I see no evidence of it hitting the ground. The call on the field was a TD so there needs to be inconclusive evidence to overturn that and I don't see any case to be made for that.

I don't know what you're seeing but I very clearly see the ball move when it hits the ground. Thats a super easy call.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

I don't know what you're seeing but I very clearly see the ball move when it hits the ground. Thats a super easy call.

You must have a different angle because there is none that shows the ball "very clearly" hitting the ground. 

On 6/4/2018 at 4:34 PM, cddolphin said:

Good to see the "heartless" NFL business throw a bone to Miller, Shazier.

I'd say it's less heart and more brain/wallet. They're going to get a lot of good publicity for really cheap. 

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

Also no ones talking about this gives him access to an NFL medical staff to help with his rehab. GREAT MOVE BY THE BEARS.

To be clear, NFL players get access to medical care covered by the league for a minimum of 5 years after retirement, IIRC, provided they have 4+ years of service time.   But yeah, this also extends his window of coverage, so that's good.  But it wasn't like he wasn't going to get cared for.   Still, it's a strong move by the Bears for the cost and their cap situation, win-win for everyone (great PR without any real cap consequences for CHI, Miller pockets a little extra $ for retirement, and extends his window for free health care).

Archived