2018 LB Corps

StLunatic88

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

1.) We are in win now mode. Besides Barron, the LB's we have are 1st/2nd year guys with minimal experience and even less starting experience. I am personally not comfortable with the depth behind Ebukam, Littleton, and Barron. I do not even know who the other OLB will, but likely a rookie which would scare me even more. Would love to see a vet at that position. Kind of wanted Barwin back for another year. Dwight Freeney/Elvis DUmervil if they are still around and willing to play come to mind. Just for guidance to the young guys and situational pass rushing.

2.) Veteran's that have been cut and are looking to sign here because of a potential SB appearance would be willing to take the Vet's minimum. Previous to signing Gurley, we had the 2nd least amount of cap space committed to the 2019-2020 season (2nd to Buffalo). Something could be done.

Barwin signed with the Giants. I understand wanting a vet at OLB though.

36 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

Barwin signed with the Giants. I understand wanting a vet at OLB though.

Yeah I saw that other day. My roommate is a Giants fan and asked me about him. Said he's a sound 3-4 OLB that can get you 4-5 sacks. Would love something like that on this team with all the youth at LB.

14 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah I saw that other day. My roommate is a Giants fan and asked me about him. Said he's a sound 3-4 OLB that can get you 4-5 sacks. Would love something like that on this team with all the youth at LB.

I personally think Barwin's done, which is why we let him go. But yea, getting a nice veteran rotational piece would be ideal. Should be options throughout camp.

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

1.) We are in win now mode. Besides Barron, the LB's we have are 1st/2nd year guys with minimal experience and even less starting experience. I am personally not comfortable with the depth behind Ebukam, Littleton, and Barron. I do not even know who the other OLB will, but likely a rookie which would scare me even more. Would love to see a vet at that position. Kind of wanted Barwin back for another year. Dwight Freeney/Elvis DUmervil if they are still around and willing to play come to mind. Just for guidance to the young guys and situational pass rushing.

2.) Veteran's that have been cut and are looking to sign here because of a potential SB appearance would be willing to take the Vet's minimum. Previous to signing Gurley, we had the 2nd least amount of cap space committed to the 2019-2020 season (2nd to Buffalo). Something could be done.

So bring them in as assistant coaches, that's all your saying they should be. And we can have all the cap space the next two years but that doesn't do anything for you wanting to sign somebody this year. Sorry this fascination with wasting money on Freeney or Dumervil or somebody like them baffles me. We have young and talented guys on the edge let them play. 

52 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So bring them in as assistant coaches, that's all your saying they should be. And we can have all the cap space the next two years but that doesn't do anything for you wanting to sign somebody this year. Sorry this fascination with wasting money on Freeney or Dumervil or somebody like them baffles me. We have young and talented guys on the edge let them play. 

Yes, play them. Yes, start them. They have no vets to learn from on the field and on the team. It baffles me someone wouldn't want atleast one veteran LB when it's easily the entire team's youngest/weakest position group lol But w.e.

22 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

It baffles me someone wouldn't want atleast one veteran LB when it's easily the entire team's youngest/weakest position group lol But w.e.

Its not like these guys have never played football before? We have a ton of Vets on the defense, we have a good group of Coaches, and we still do have Mark Barron, who im not in love with on the field, but he would be just fine as your veteran presence.

Im all for bringing in more talent if we can find it, but Im not just gonna throw money at a guy because hes been in the league for 6-7 years?

On 7/23/2018 at 11:26 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Any potential camp casualties that you could see us making a move for Vet wise? At either ILB or OLB.

Word is the Colts John Simon might be a bad positional fit and might be looking for a new home where he can return to what many consider his more natural fit as a 3-4 OLB.

37 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

Word is the Colts John Simon might be a bad positional fit and might be looking for a new home where he can return to what many consider his more natural fit as a 3-4 OLB.

He would be a nice depth addition and a good way to hedge our bets if Ebukam doesn't make a second-year leap.

Archived