Bill Keenist fired... Best thing to happen Yet!!

GetDownandDirty

The Lions finally got this one right. Bill Keenist was a major problem in the organization. Fans were always upset by the lack of info from the Head Coach & Staff, but that’s how Keenist (The Puppet Master) handled things. He controlled everything said. I was involved with a commercial shoot for the Lions back when Schwartz was coach. Keenist tried to tell the production company how to run the shoot. After filming a practice for footage, as the team was leaving the field, Keenist was all over Schwartz telling him how to approach & answer media questions for the daily Q & A. Keenist was at every practice & games (Home & Away) making sure to control any question. If you ever noticed at half time of a game, if a lions coach was interviewed by someone, Keenist was right by his side & is seen walking with the coach to the locker room. The guy was a controll freak. Either Quinn or Patricia wanted him gone. My Money is on Patricia!

https://apple.news/AIMYS-lBiSBy01fO7B7tcIQ

To be fair, I feel like every organization has a guy/group of people that do this.  Its called being a PR guy.  Sure some are overbearing but I'll guarantee there is someone else who does things similarly.  My guess is that Patricia had someone specific in mind he wanted to have in that position.  Not sure it will have any impact on the field or how we share information.  If anything, the NE way is being more cryptic and tight lipped so I doubt we get better information.

18 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

To be fair, I feel like every organization has a guy/group of people that do this.  Its called being a PR guy.  Sure some are overbearing but I'll guarantee there is someone else who does things similarly.  My guess is that Patricia had someone specific in mind he wanted to have in that position.  Not sure it will have any impact on the field or how we share information.  If anything, the NE way is being more cryptic and tight lipped so I doubt we get better information.

I doubt we'll see anything significant come out on Facetweet or Snapgram

• 2 months later...

Hey buddy, 

It's 100% clear that you have absolutely no real insight into this situation. You believe everything you read or hear on local radio (VALENTI). You could not be more wrong with regards to Bill Keenist and coach Patricia. I know both men extremely well. Bill is one of the most highly respected PR men in all of professional sports and has done HIS JOB as good or better than anyone in the NFL. In regards to your little issue about the commercial shoot...that's his job, moron. The coaches expect Keenist to aid them in those types of situations. Especially when ignorant members of the media like yourself are involved.  He and Patrcia are great friends. Keenist is moving towards retirement and has taken on a different role as the structure of the communications department has changed a bit. Keenist and Patricia were just at a Tigers game together 3 weeks ago. Ask Bob Quinn what he thinks of Bill Keenist. Ask Matt Patricia what he thinks of Bill Keenist. Ask Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs, what he thinks of Bill Keenist. I could go on and on. You don't hold a Sr. VP position in the National football league for over 10 years, and work in professional sports for over 35 by accident.  You are clueless, man. Keep doing your thing. 

3 hours ago, golions89 said:

Hey buddy, 

It's 100% clear that you have absolutely no real insight into this situation. You believe everything you read or hear on local radio (VALENTI). You could not be more wrong with regards to Bill Keenist and coach Patricia. I know both men extremely well. Bill is one of the most highly respected PR men in all of professional sports and has done HIS JOB as good or better than anyone in the NFL. In regards to your little issue about the commercial shoot...that's his job, moron. The coaches expect Keenist to aid them in those types of situations. Especially when ignorant members of the media like yourself are involved.  He and Patrcia are great friends. Keenist is moving towards retirement and has taken on a different role as the structure of the communications department has changed a bit. Keenist and Patricia were just at a Tigers game together 3 weeks ago. Ask Bob Quinn what he thinks of Bill Keenist. Ask Matt Patricia what he thinks of Bill Keenist. Ask Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs, what he thinks of Bill Keenist. I could go on and on. You don't hold a Sr. VP position in the National football league for over 10 years, and work in professional sports for over 35 by accident.  You are clueless, man. Keep doing your thing. 

I appreciate the insight, and is pretty much my thoughts on the situation, just make sure not to attack or name call as it is against forum rules. 

But welcome to the forum, hope to see you posting more often.

On 8/21/2018 at 2:25 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I appreciate the insight, and is pretty much my thoughts on the situation, just make sure not to attack or name call as it is against forum rules. 

But welcome to the forum, hope to see you posting more often.

Absolutely. Your original take on this was for the most part, accurate. I was responding to the original post by "GetDownandDirty." 

Archived