House Party

Nabbs4u

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I was curious if this would happen or not. Trump cancelled the Eagles Trip to DC because of attendance.

Obama should invite the team over for dinner to his crib. I bet most of them would show up.

What was the point of even agreeing to go if 90% of the team wasn't going to attend? Just decline the Invite from the jump. Don't try appeasing both sides by having a select 10-15 to represent the team.

Trump's an idiot but I honestly don't have a issue with him canceling. Just wish it would of been a Organizational decision instead.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What was the point of even agreeing to go if 90% of the team wasn't going to attend? Just decline the Invite from the jump. Don't try to appeasing both sides by having a select 10-15 to represent the team.

Trump's an idiot but I honestly don't have a issue with him canceling. Just wish it would of been a Organizational decision instead.

the problem is trump tried to make it about kneeling for the anthem when no eagles player ever did so. 

Yea, yea. Let's celebrate it. Come through with the fellas. I'll put some beer on ice, fire up the grill, set up the horseshoes. Yea, yea. Wait...what? You guys don't want to come? Oh...ok, I cancelled the party anyway! I didn't even want you here in the first place. I'll throw an even bigger, better party and you won't be invited! Hahha! GTFO! You're all losers! Wentz sucks!

Is our president a fat, orange haired 4th grader? 

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

the problem is trump tried to make it about kneeling for the anthem when no eagles player ever did so. 

Not to mention Eagles do more for military recognition/honor than most sports franchises

It doesn't sit well with me that we're the first team in however many years not to do it, and break the tradition. Visiting the white house feels like it authenticates the SB victory just as much as the parade or the rings. Silly, but that's just how my dumb brain feels at face value. Of course I have to remember this just as much HIS fault as it is our organizations that the tradition will end. This unique presidency has been a breeding ground for "firsts." I don't blame a single player for not wanting to attend, and let's be honest, if he wasn't such good friends with Brady and BB, he probably would have cancelled their white house visit last year since IIRC plenty did not attend.

At least our trip was just cancelled, rather that being uninvited like the Warriors!

48 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It doesn't sit well with me that we're the first team in however many years not to do it, and break the tradition. Visiting the white house feels like it authenticates the SB victory just as much as the parade or the rings. Silly, but that's just how my dumb brain feels at face value. Of course I have to remember this just as much HIS fault as it is our organizations that the tradition will end. This unique presidency has been a breeding ground for "firsts." I don't blame a single player for not wanting to attend, and let's be honest, if he wasn't such good friends with Brady and BB, he probably would have cancelled their white house visit last year since IIRC plenty did not attend.

At least our trip was just cancelled, rather that being uninvited like the Warriors!

i could have a crush on the president and still woudlnt attend if I was a champ fo some sport. I don't really see the point it's just a photo op for the president and waste of time for any player. 

I kinda figured it would happen, feel bad for the handful of guys that wanted to go for the novelty of going.

It's really not surprising, and that's sad

Between this and the super bowl we are gonna get a lot of bandwagoner, ( @Mastercheddaar, you get a free pass for your lifelong pain you've endured)

Obviously let's not go too long down the politics path here 

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I kinda figured it would happen, feel bad for the handful of guys that wanted to go for the novelty of going.

It's really not surprising, and that's sad

Between this and the super bowl we are gonna get a lot of bandwagoner, ( @Mastercheddaar, you get a free pass for your lifelong pain you've endured)

Obviously let's not go too long down the politics path here 

You all have been very kind and welcoming. You could have easily done this to me:

200.gif

2018 Superbowl Champions!!!

Mastercheddaar

Archived