The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

It wasn't about the post that was liked, it was about the fact that mathman (well, everyone) said nothing about it until now.

I personally don't see it as a read. Most games I would've PMd the mod and asked for clarification, but I'm saving all that nitpicking power for Survivor. 

IDK if malf would've said anything. Maybe not, especially if he felt like he was being setup he's just hope it went away. Though he didn't sound like he thought he was being setup until untouch pushed it, so I'm not sure on that.

@jfinley88 mathman is getting set up, right?

The post that really bothers me over it was the “that’s dumb, but okay”. It could just be the tunneling part of me forcing it to look one way but it comes off as a I’m caught from something dumb type response

All: sorry for the late appearance today. Kids school assembly. Oy. Much fun. ¬¬

15 hours ago, MathMan said:

@Woz based on what happened to you n1, do you have a sense whether squire targetted you with a postive or negative move?

Prior to him mentioning that he targeted me, I didn't even know anything happened.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

The post that really bothers me over it was the “that’s dumb, but okay”. It could just be the tunneling part of me forcing it to look one way but it comes off as a I’m caught from something dumb type response

I agree it's dumb, so I get where he's coming from. I think I would've replied about the same. Probably a little more aggressive. 

I've had a civ read on malf all game.

13 hours ago, MathMan said:

if rags is lying, that means that mafia either doesnt have a roleblocker or they surmised that the person they actually roleblocked didnt have a move

I was mostly skimming yesterday in between errands

Can someone break this down for me?

What happened?

I agree it's dumb, so I get where he's coming from. I think I would've replied about the same. Probably a little more aggressive. 

I've had a civ read on malf all game.

As have I, it just struck me as odd that he hadn’t pointed it out. It just seemed like something civ malf would have pointed out to penalize mafia.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

As have I, it just struck me as odd that he hadn’t pointed it out. It just seemed like something civ malf would have pointed out to penalize mafia.

Civ dome normally would too, but I didn't this time. 

Maybe malf is feeling the same thing I was. 

I'm going to do a running post of stuff (but at least try to collect into pages). Going into this, as I said in N2, my thoughts were mainly on guys who were active in voting but not much else: gopher and teude. Note I have not read anything since 114, so if they've been cleared (or killed) I apologize for rehashing old stuff.

15 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Well I got info from the Woz watch. I don’t see why watching Touch is strange? He’s a decent mafia player and a likely hit candidate.

You did? Yay? :D

15 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Or he could have held it.

I would say a watching role is more useful to use it earlier rather than later.

15 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

But you did have that option.

Well, anyone with powers can choose not to use them. Heck, the mafia could choose not to night kill if they so desired.

Doesn't make it necessarily a smart call.

15 hours ago, MathMan said:

playing devils A, there could be a mafia watcher

That feels a bit too powerful to me. The mafia knows their membership. Giving them a way to quietly identify townies with powers (and thus high priority kill targets) feels lopsided to me. And if one of their own was targeted, they could conspire to throw that person under the bus if the targeter started making a lot of noise towards them.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but definitely would not be a fan.

Same thing with the mafia day kill: too powerful, even as a one shot.

Civ dome normally would too, but I didn't this time. 

Maybe malf is feeling the same thing I was. 

To be fair I do think the context that he liked was more because it specifically involved him which was why I was hesitant to begin with.

14 hours ago, MathMan said:

a redirect?

so civs redirected a mafia move?

redirection is a scum move typically

safe to say that bucs was just hit

If I recall correctly, there was a civ redirect in the Overwatch Mafia game (could have been an Other though), but I think everyone had powers there so it might not be the best precedent.

But I agree with you (as would William of Occam): bucs was probably just a straight hit.

14 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm gonna guess mission is a civ vig.  An unblock able kill would seem pretty op for a scum team 

Yeah, I'm kind of here as well now. Just would have liked his explanation from him.

14 hours ago, MathMan said:

squire

14 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

squire

14 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Yeah @squire12 needs to claim. At this point you're either civ special or mafia. You'll likely be protected so.

Hmm, I'll be interested how this turns out. He went on my radar, then dropped off it.

14 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

OleXmad

This one, however, not liking much at all. I thought that maybe targeting Tk3/Slappy Mc would make a bit of sense since they've both bowed out.

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

I visited Rags N2.    The night was very uneventful.

I visited Woz N1.  The night was uneventful.

I am not sure what to make of the difference in the phrasing of things

mookie also visited woz

I sure am a popular guy ...

13 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Slappy but that's kinda based beginning on my idea that there was a lot of inactive scum day one and then now, he comes in said he's forty pages behind, then votes xmad with no reasoning 

Yeah, that's where I was leaning too.

13 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Wait, you visited me last night?

Have you said what your role is?

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

yes.... I visited you last night.   I thought you were a high target for a mafia hit after your soft claim on having a "power role"

13 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Because I was role blocked last night.

Interesting ...

@Woz, do you know for a fact that you Werent roleblocked

No, I don't. As I said, prior to them mentioning my name, I had no idea I was even targeted at night.

9 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

i have grown tired of the penalizing thing from survivor 

i would feel dirty even trying to suggest a punishment for mafia 

Archived