The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

4 minutes ago, MathMan said:

ok, slappy, you seem to check out

If the civs determine I am the lynch I suggest to do it now, because at this point I am suffering this game.

Afterwards Alfred, know that I respect you and if we ever are on different teams and I am the mafia member, you will be hit ASAP. 

You are too good at this manipulation stuff. I applaud you.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

If the civs determine I am the lynch I suggest to do it now, because at this point I am suffering this game.

Afterwards Alfred, know that I respect you and if we ever are on different teams and I am the mafia member, you will be hit ASAP. 

You are too good at this manipulation stuff. I applaud you.

i think you are civ.

@Woz i think the only way theres another mafia is if you were converted.

i know both you and touch werent converted because you didnt bumrush the vote when rag voted me for the win.

im convinced that mookie is the last mafia.

15-4-1 sounds like a good starting ratio

I don’t see it any other way at this point.

Mookie was investigated and found to be civ. Darth who had the role of The Joker came back not civ. If anything I think two face, because of the fact that he was a high ranking civ at one point, is the only other candidate for GF.

I have believe the invest results on Mookie. If Alfred comes back civ, I will fall in line with a Mookie lynch, but I am 99% sure now that Alfred is the last mafia.

So many things make sense to me now that I think of how he has played. I kept looking at him and saying he is helping us, he is scum hunting. But he was preparing his grand performance and executing it well.

If/when he comes back mafia. I should re-retire from these mafia games. Not only because I would be extremely satisfied that I figured him out, but so he could not exact revenge on me ever. 

Shout out to everyone that was ever on to Alfred @gopherwrestler, @MookieMonster, @theuntouchable, @mission27. Big ups.

I want to take a moment and commend @Famous Jameis. You obviously put a lot of work into these descriptions, the characters, and the set pieces. I think we haven't given them enough attention.

No, seriously. We haven't paid them enough attention.

FJ spent over 2K words writing up the inciting incident for this game. The absolute start of the game is where we see who we now know to be the Joker breaking who we now know to be the Scarecrow out of Arkham Asylum. During that first post, we see:

A man lay in the room, sleeping.  Dreaming of God knows what, this was an insane asylum.  Bam!!!  The man was startled out of his deep sleep, only to see armed men bursting through his door.  Disoriented and in shock the man scrambled out of bed and pulled it across him to form a barrier between himself and the mysterious men who were rushing into his room.  Just as he looked up to see who the men were, the moonlight began to crest upon the face of the man in front.   

"Hello there, uh, you have something we, uh, want," the man that appeared to be the leader proclaimed.  "You see, uh, the virus and the vaccine are needed to help us, uh, kill the Bat...Man.  We can infect him and anyone else we want to and they would never know.  They would go about their, uh, lives for one month, not knowing they would be infecting any and all that they came into contact with. It's, uh, the perfect virus.  No one would know what was happening, then voila it would be all over.  The, uh, Bat....Man would be no more!"

And the virus shows up again with the night kill of Scarecrow:

The coroner walked up to the police tape and leaned under it.  Almost immediately he noticed a mask laying on the ground next to a body.  The snow started falling faster now as the man started to check the body for I.D. or clues as to who he was.  Checking each pocket of the man laying dead on the ground was a waste of time, there was no I.D.  The man reached in to check the inside jacket pocket, "Ow," the man screamed as he cut himself on two empty and partly shattered vials.  He pulled them out while licking the finger he had just cut.  He looked at the vials more closely, as he did he fell to his knees with his jaw dropped.  One vial read Vaccine and the other labeled MAE6513 - Mutated Airborne Ebola.  

We are even introduced to Dr. Caitlin Taylor, who is apparently a virologist who is studying the vials and discovers they are for real:

A loud explosion rocked downtown Gotham, startling everyone that was sleepwalking through their workday.  A mushroom cloud of smoke rose above the university in the center of the city.  Dr. Caitlin Taylor, the leading authority on infectious diseases, drove frantically towards her office at the university.  She was terrified for her friend's, colleagues, and most importantly her lab.  Earlier in the day she had received two broken and empty vials marked Vaccine and the other labeled MAE6513 - Mutated Airborne Ebola.  She had also received a blood sample of a deceased individual who may have been infecting people with the disease. 

She threw her car into park and ran to the crowd of people, hoping and praying everyone she knew was safe.  To her pleasant suprise, one of her colleagues grabbed her and gave her a big hug, holding her tight, "They evacuated us before the bulding exploded.  We all made it out."  

"Did you grab any of the samples or vials I was working with?  We have a huge problem, the tests came back confirming what was written on the vials.  Mutated Airborne Ebola has been released into Gotham!  I need to start working on a vaccine but I need my work," she exclaimed.  Her colleague replied, "They were gone when I went to get them, lets hope someone else grabbed that and that they were not stolen."

Caitlin turned to leave, still in shock.  As she did she noticed a bag sitting on top of her car, inside was all of her work.  

However, by N4, Caitlin Taylor saves the day by recreating the vaccine (and escaping an exploding hospital):

"Hello Gotham, I'm back.  Well, uh, not really.  You see, I, uh, made certain arrangements that were to be carried out if anything were to happen to me.  This will be my grandest, uh, most explosive achievement to date. Who will help the true hero's of Gotham now. Ha ha ha!" 

The image cutoff of The Joker and went straight to news coverage of threats sent in to the news station. They described bombs placed all throughout the city in hospitals, fire stations, police stations, and schools.

Meanwhile Dr. Caitlin Taylor had worked through the night at one of the hospitals in a desperate attempt to find a cure for the mutated airborne ebola virus that was unleashed on the city.  Shortly after The Joker's final message to the city, Caitlin succeeded in her mission and fell asleep at her desk.

BOOM!!!!

A large explosion jolted Caitlin awake.  Disoriented and confused Caitlin jumped up and ran for the door, as she was about to leave and run to safety she turned and ran back to her desk.  She grabbed the inhaler off of her desk that contained the cure to the mutated airborne ebola virus.  She took three deep breaths of the inhaler and moved to the door to run for her life.  As she ran down the hallway explosions were following her.  One explosion after another sounded as she ran to the exit.  

Caitlin burst through the exit at the end of the hallway she was running down and kept on running until she made it to the treeline surrounding the hospital.  She turned to see what was happening and saw the devastation.  The entire hospital had just been leveled.  

So, the ebola outbreak was solved after the Joker was killed.

But this wasn't the only daytime tale that we received. On D3, we got an interesting little snippet:

After a few brief moments of ringing, a voice came on while the picture remained steady, ""Hello Gotham, I see the, uh, Bat...Man is still walking your streets.  Well it's, uh, time to introduce a little anarchy into our lives.  A bomb will explode inside a house in 2 minutes.  The, uh, Bat.....Man tomorrow or else chaos and anarchy will rule the day once again."

A countdown started on the screen. 1:59, 1:58, 1:57....

Meanwhile the citizens were shocked and terrified for what might happen when the  countdown reached zero.  A mother watching the coverage dropped her coffee cup and ran upstairs to her kids bedroom, where they slept off on summer break.  She frantically woke them up as the countdown on the television continued, 1:02, 1:01, 1:00.  

With two sleepy kids in tow, she ran into the nursery and grabbed her newborn, she just had a gut feeling that she needed to get out of her house and fast.  

She yelled to her kids, "I love you!!" as they began heading back down the stairs, the countdown still trudging forward, 15, 14, 13. She burst through her front door and ran to the street, out of breath and exhausted.  She looked around to regain her composure, but as she did she noticed one of her children was missing.  Looking back at the house she cried for her child as she saw him sitting on the stairs that they had just ran down.  She reached out to him as the countdown ended, 2, 1, 0......

The explosion ripped through Gotham, making the message clear.  The mother ran back to her house crying, terrified, and in shock.  

She grabbed her precious boy and ran back outside, watching the flames growing from the ruins of their neighbors house. 

Now, at the time, the working theory was this was a way for FJ to create a reason to ingame modkill mission27 for not participating.

But what if it wasn't just that?

What if the Joker had a power to introduce anarchy into our lives?

Like say a census that might have been taken the previous night?

I bring these posts up because all of the daytime drama stopped after N3 when Batman killed the Joker. Seems odd that the story went silent other than the move resolutions.

But let's back up to that virus piece for a moment. Who killed the Scarecrow? Batman (Ragnarok). So, who, beyond that most doomed and unnamed coroner is likely to be infected by this strain of ebola? Batman.

Did the Joker get what he really wanted on N1, an infected Batman? Alternatively, could the census be wrong/misleading?

We have focused almost entirely on the fact that the census was going to lead us to two mafia. In doing so, we've lynched the census taker, had the protector killed, lynched the only non-night killable character, and then had the last investigator with any ability to find mafia killed. Three of the four of them were people on the census list. And now we're left with two.

And Batman.

Both of the remaining people (MalFin and MookieMonster) make great cases why they are in fact town. Mookie's been cleared multiple times, and MalFin has been leading the charge in the scum hunt. But we question if Mookie has investigation protection, or if Malf is playing with all of our notions about how he would play the game. Mookie or Malf? Malf or Mookie?

But what if it's neither?

What if Batman is (unknowingly perhaps?) converted to an Other? Still town friendly, but would show up on the census as non-town?

Because of our focus on the census list, three players have generally skated by without much pressure or questioning: bcb1213, Slappy Mc, and theuntouchable

Now, if we assume that both Mookie and Malf are in fact town, what do we know about these other three?

• bcb1213 has gifted at least two people (Mookie and Whicker (? I think?)). Seems unlikely that mafia would help out like that.
  • Slappy Mc has claimed the backup detective. While that seems odd in this game, his description of when he would be activated and what he would know kind of links in with what I know as the primary detective.
  • theuntouchable ... I dunno what he is. I've tried to go back and read his whole post history, but for him, it starts on page 24 of his content (chatty monkey, he is). What I did notice is that his early post history is somewhat thin. From game start (page 24) to the end of June 13th (midway through day 2, page 19), he's posting somewhat irregularly. After that, he kicks it into overdrive. So, given that it is almost 2:30 AM, I grew tired of trying to chase conversations from a week ago. My apologies.

I suppose there's me too. In honor of the Agamemno Contingency:

• Woz has claimed the primary detective. He claims to have cleared OleXmad on N2 (now dead, shown to be a civ), Darth Pees on N3 (conveniently killed by Batman on N3), and MookieMonster on N4. He revealed all of this on D5. When D6 broke, he then revealed that he only had three investigations. His invests have caused more turbulence than clarity. He seems to have a fixation on FJ's descriptive posts too, regardless of their usefulness to town.

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don’t see it any other way at this point.

Mookie was investigated and found to be civ. Darth who had the role of The Joker came back not civ. If anything I think two face, because of the fact that he was a high ranking civ at one point, is the only other candidate for GF.

I have believe the invest results on Mookie. If Alfred comes back civ, I will fall in line with a Mookie lynch, but I am 99% sure now that Alfred is the last mafia.

So many things make sense to me now that I think of how he has played. I kept looking at him and saying he is helping us, he is scum hunting. But he was preparing his grand performance and executing it well.

If/when he comes back mafia. I should re-retire from these mafia games. Not only because I would be extremely satisfied that I figured him out, but so he could not exact revenge on me ever. 

Shout out to everyone that was ever on to Alfred @gopherwrestler, @MookieMonster, @theuntouchable, @mission27. Big ups.

Thank you.

Mafl

Archived