The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Goes to show how everyone can get something in their head and ignore other information....biases ....that can lead to wrong/bad conclusions.  

Town really used that census as gospel and did not look at enough other info.  We pecked off from that list like clockwork.  @bcb1213 did not have to do anything and would hit players not on the list.  I am not even sure how many times he voted for the last 3-4 lynches?

Town had invests, watches, tracks, roleblocks, DNA invests etc. that all could help narrow down the sensor role.  I think it just skipped people's mind that it could be tampered with.  

Just now, Famous Jameis said:

@Woz really almost had it for civs. He had bcb invested for n4 but switched it to mookie and he was also on to the sensor manipulation. 

Gah, forgot about that. I got caught up trying to break up the census piece too. :)

1 hour ago, Famous Jameis said:

Town had invests, watches, tracks, roleblocks, DNA invests etc. that all could help narrow down the sensor role.  I think it just skipped people's mind that it could be tampered with.  

Once MD4L came back civ, most felt thd census was legit.  It was disused as possibly being tampered with.  But the blind roles made it tough.  

@Famous Jameis I like the DNA concept but IMO it was a crapshoot role. With the way it was designed the likelihood of actually nailing someone with it was pretty slim. I definitely like the concept of it and I’m not quite sure about how to work it differently but it just felt like a role that would take a lot of luck to get someone. 

Overall the game was fantastic though, excellent write ups and very well run. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

@Famous Jameis I like the DNA concept but IMO it was a crapshoot role. With the way it was designed the likelihood of actually nailing someone with it was pretty slim. I definitely like the concept of it and I’m not quite sure about how to work it differently but it just felt like a role that would take a lot of luck to get someone. 

Overall the game was fantastic though, excellent write ups and very well run. Thank you!

I think at the beginning of the game it was certainly a crapshoot on nailing a killer.  However, later in the game is where it was the most benefical.  The mass claiming doomed the role.  Once it was pretty clear there was only a mafia kill each night @OleXmad could have taken the DNA of one of this kills.  There was a narrowed suspect pool by then and he could have used it to find the mafia. Also if he was alive at n8 he could have compared the DNA he had to either you or bcb.  Based on that he would have known 100% who mafia was.  Bcb took him out bc of his claim and the fact he was the only person left in the game that could do an "invest" and find him

Overall, not just in this case, I think the mass claiming hurt civs bc bcb was able to pick off who he wanted. 

Not sure if that made sense but that's kind of what was playing through my mind 

17 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

I think at the beginning of the game it was certainly a crapshoot on nailing a killer.  However, later in the game is where it was the most benefical.  The mass claiming doomed the role.  Once it was pretty clear there was only a mafia kill each night @OleXmad could have taken the DNA of one of this kills.  There was a narrowed suspect pool by then and he could have used it to find the mafia. Also if he was alive at n8 he could have compared the DNA he had to either you or bcb.  Based on that he would have known 100% who mafia was.  Bcb took him out bc of his claim and the fact he was the only person left in the game that could do an "invest" and find him

Overall, not just in this case, I think the mass claiming hurt civs bc bcb was able to pick off who he wanted. 

Not sure if that made sense but that's kind of what was playing through my mind 

I just feel like it would take a lot of luck to be able to match the DNA with the killer. I think maybe if it did something like it takes 3 or 4 days to come back with the results or maybe each day you get some kind of clue as to who would match up with it? 

I bet you if you were to play with that role in 100 games it would lead you nowhere in a large majority of them. There’s a lot of cards that would have to fall just right for it to be a meaningful role. I love the concept tho

8 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I just feel like it would take a lot of luck to be able to match the DNA with the killer. I think maybe if it did something like it takes 3 or 4 days to come back with the results or maybe each day you get some kind of clue as to who would match up with it? 

I bet you if you were to play with that role in 100 games it would lead you nowhere in a large majority of them. There’s a lot of cards that would have to fall just right for it to be a meaningful role. I love the concept tho

To be fair  town had a regular cop, a backup cop, a tracker, a watcher, two guys who couldn't be nkilled the first time and one guy who couldn't be night killed at all 

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

To be fair  town had a regular cop, a backup cop, a tracker, a watcher, two guys who couldn't be nkilled the first time and one guy who couldn't be night killed at all 

I wasn’t complaining about the overall set up at all. I felt like it was actually lopsided towards the civs until I found out the caveat of the frame job lasting all game. That evened it out very well.  Just discussing that one role and it’s use.

Archived