2019 Draft Off-Ball LB Prospect General Discussion Thread

Jeezla

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  He may honestly have the stiffest hips i've ever seen in a LBer.  Watching him in space is almost comical.  There just aren't places in today's NFL for a guy who is going to be that kind of liability in even basic coverage responsibilities.  Even when it comes to the run game, he'll be an easy target for NFL caliber OLinemen who move better than him.  You're basically left with a sort of "old school thumper" LBer, who doesn't even really "thump" much.

With his size, i honestly wonder if he'd be better off just trying his hand as an interior pass rusher or something.

Completely agree, he has no range at all. Special teamer at best.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Anyone watch much of Germaine Pratt and Vosean Joseph? Two guys I’m keeping my eye on

Pratt is a great athlete and actually refined. Joseph is a heat-seeking missile that has no pacing or refinement.

I like both, but Joseph is a boom or bust type. Boom or bust linebackers tend to be the latter, but man when Joseph is on, he's dominant.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2018 at 11:42 AM, Jeezla said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Te'von Coney? Does he end up as a 1st/2nd rounder? Or more of a 3rd/4th rounder?

Everyone continue to sleep on Coney please. I think he's a safer, more sound prospect than White, Wilson or Bush. I get a Jerod Mayo feel about him.

55 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Anyone watch much of Germaine Pratt and Vosean Joseph? Two guys I’m keeping my eye on

Pratt plays exactly like what he is..a bulked up pedestrian safety. Comp for me is Angelo Crowell. Joseph might be the fastest off ball LB in this class, but he's a project. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Pratt is a great athlete and actually refined. Joseph is a heat-seeking missile that has no pacing or refinement.

I like both, but Joseph is a boom or bust type. Boom or bust linebackers tend to be the latter, but man when Joseph is on, he's dominant.

It will be interesting if the Bengals hire Grantham to be the DC. I could see Vosean Joseph a Bengal

Everyone is projecting Devin White to Cincy but I think the go OL or DL round 1 and grab a LB like Bush, Pratt, or Joseph round 2

25 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

It will be interesting if the Bengals hire Grantham to be the DC. I could see Vosean Joseph a Bengal

Everyone is projecting Devin White to Cincy but I think the go OL or DL round 1 and grab a LB like Bush, Pratt, or Joseph round 2

They should grab a QB in round 1

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I would be shocked if he drafts Vosean. He saw firsthand all of Vosean's issues.

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

They should grab a QB in round 1

I would be absolutely shocked if that happens. They are sticking with Dalton at least 1 more year IMO

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I would be shocked if he drafts Vosean. He saw firsthand all of Vosean's issues.

True but perhaps he wants a guy that knows his system 

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:
5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Vosean is every linebacker the Bengals have drafted in the last ten years

Eh. I would say he compares probably pretty close to Malik Jefferson and that’s about it. 

16 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Vosean is every linebacker the Bengals have drafted in the last ten years

That's not good, not that I had high praise for Joseph.  That list includes Jefferson, Jordan Evans, Nick Vigil, Paul Dawson, Marquise Flowers, Sean Poter, Dntae Moch and Rod Muckleroy.  very underwhelming, to say the least.  And Marvin was touted as a LB whisperer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

That's not good, not that I had high praise for Joseph.  That list includes Jefferson, Jordan Evans, Nick Vigil, Paul Dawson, Marquise Flowers, Sean Poter, Dntae Moch and Rod Muckleroy.  very underwhelming, to say the least.  And Marvin was touted as a LB whisperer.

And Mike Tomlin was a CB coach.  Go figure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Jordan Evans, I liked him coming out. I'm assuming by the way you mention him, he's been bad?

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Jordan Evans, I liked him coming out. I'm assuming by the way you mention him, he's been bad?

He's flashed on a few occasions.  But like the entire defense beyond Atkins, Dunlap, Jackson, and Lawson, he's wildly inconsistent.  he played better his rookie year than last year, and unfortunately for you, the main reason now coaches inside your complex (T. Austin)