Sign in to follow this  
Scout

Charting/Analytics?

When you’re evaluating a player, is there anything you chart, such as dropped passes, alignment (ex 60% left WR 10% slot 30% right WR) or any other advanced signature stats?

I don't chart myself, but I look online for analytics from people who do chart. Two of my favs are drop rates for wr and fumble rates for rb, but I enjoy reports of charts that reinforce my impressions.

I just watch plays and interviews. Not highlight reels, unless the kid is from Nowhere St.

What do you guys think of the Yards Per Route Run that Pro Football Focus loves?  I mean in the context of the college game.  In the NFL it makes sense since you have less diversity in offenses and you're more likely to have true #1/#2 receivers.

In the college game it seems very misleading since you have so many types of offenses and it's not uncommon to have a "receiving corp by committee" approach.

Market share statistics for skill players and defenders 

On 6/11/2018 at 9:31 AM, IDOG_det said:

Market share statistics for skill players and defenders 

We should create OL metrics 

I breakdown guys who get sacks/pressure off of effort, by technique and assisted from a blitz, you watch enough of a guy, they develop a pattern. I also watch how a guy moves and see if their numbers match up with what they posted, or if they haven't posted numbers yet, try to predict.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I breakdown guys who get sacks/pressure off of effort, by technique and assisted from a blitz, you watch enough of a guy, they develop a pattern. I also watch how a guy moves and see if their numbers match up with what they posted, or if they haven't posted numbers yet, try to predict.

What do you define as an effort sack?

35 minutes ago, Scout said:

What do you define as an effort sack?

No technique involved, all hustle.