2018 FIFA World Cup Group A & Group B

LeeEvans

9 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I remember that being an egregious penalty call.

I remember this whole game being just shady officiating.

Group A should be dominated by Uruguay and Egypt. Russia could obviously get some calls go their way, we see it every WC.

Group B is interesting. Spain is really good and, imho, the favorite to win it all. Portugal is not that good on paper, and in the Euro they won, they didn't win a game in group phase. With a defense that's getting a bit old, I could see them not making it out of the group. Iran could be the surprise of this WC. They look good and have several young players who could boost their reputation at this WC. Morocco won't be an easy out either. It could be an interesting group.

Random note, I'm so excited! Can't wait for Thursday (or Friday actually, don't really care about RUS/KSA)

1 hour ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Very nice thread... Can someone recommend an outsiders chance (Plucky underdog) to follow this WC? 

Senegal could be a fun team and have a chance to do well.

Iceland is the smallest country to ever play in a WC and did well last Euro.

Iran and Morocco are both decent and will face two giants in Spain and Portugal in the group phase. 

Not really underdogs but Belgium and Portugal will try to win their first WC ever and seem like the only teams which could do so.

5 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Very nice thread... Can someone recommend an outsiders chance (Plucky underdog) to follow this WC? 

I'd say probably Belgium have a somewhat decent shot to win their first WC and have a ton of great players.

I should have the thread up for Group C and D up tonight. 

23 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

As in, COULD reach final unexpectedly? 

Belgium, but you could argue they have the talent to. 

Maybe Croatia? Can't see it though, because even if they make it out group, they'd face Spain. 

1 minute ago, Marc MacGyver said:

;) ... Yeah, that's future WR-POTY / Future WR-HOFer Brad Shields. The man who holds the key to defeating the All Blacks.

Unfortunately, Eddie's gone mad, & will probably start him at fly-half next week.

Needs to play instead of Robshaw

Archived