2018 FIFA World Cup Group A & Group B

LeeEvans

Shocking that Spain does that so close to the World Cup.  This really hurts their chances of winning it all, but they should still be good enough to win their group IMO with Portugal coming in 2nd.

Uruguay should walk over Group A.  I think Russia being the host nation will get a little boost to get to the next round, but be ousted immediately afterwards.

4 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Shocking that Spain does that so close to the World Cup.  This really hurts their chances of winning it all, but they should still be good enough to win their group IMO with Portugal coming in 2nd.

Uruguay should walk over Group A.  I think Russia being the host nation will get a little boost to get to the next round, but be ousted immediately afterwards.

Pretty much agree. I think Russia probably gets a call to get them through to the next round but if Salah can play most or all of the group matches I think Egypt can take the spot. Russia is a truly awful side. 

Will we see any tomfoolery when Russia plays? They got home field advantage but they are super huge favourites in this match despite being a lower ranked team than Saudi Arabia so obviously I had to put a little down on SA to make this match worth watching. What’s gonna happen?

Also I thought we were universally at the point where every big event opening was going to at least be visually cool despite whatever music is being played so far not a great start for this event. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

Will we see any tomfoolery when Russia plays? They got home field advantage but they are super huge favourites in this match despite being a lower ranked team than Saudi Arabia so obviously I had to put a little down on SA to make this match worth watching. What’s gonna happen?

Also I thought we were universally at the point where every big event opening was going to at least be visually cool despite whatever music is being played so far not a great start for this event. 

That was a terrible opening ceremony haha. Russia is terrible and shouldn't really be favorites for anything though. That being said the home nation has never lost an opening at the WC and with that said I think it will end 1-1. 

Archived