2018 FIFA World Cup Group A & Group B

LeeEvans

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Oof, almost a 2nd goal. SA looking very sloppy on defense

Agreed but I think it's mostly in the transition. Their passing has been horrible and they are turning the ball over in their own half far too much, its tough to defend in transition over and over again. 

Russia score again after some more bad defending from SA. Two people go down in the box and leave Russian with a clean shot at goal.

SA have been awful. They're more dangerous to themselves in possession than they are to Russia. The CBs might be the worst passers of the ball I've ever seen, they need to eithe drop a midfielder or bring the fullbacks closer to them to give them more options and take the need to have them pass away. 

I really cant figure out what SA is trying to do tactically. It seems like they're trying to play it out from the back but everyone is far too far upfield. Russia are barely pressing and they seem like they outnumber the SA players in possession. 

3-0 Russia. Well deserved, they do completely dominated SA. SA seem to really lack the ability to play through the middle of the pitch and keeping trying to attack out wide, Russia have done a very good job of shutting that down though, lacking a target man up top hasn't helped things either. 

Archived