2018 FIFA World Cup Group A & Group B

LeeEvans

8 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Absolute madness

That will significantly reduce Spain's chances of making a deep run, let alone winning the WC

Wow. What on earth are Spain thinking? Even if they are mad that is absolutely idioitic.

10 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Wow, Spain gets butthurt so it torpedoes its chances in response?  

Apparently so. I dont even know who comes in, another youth coach? I'd imagine Lopetegui's assistant is coming with him to Real and wont step in.

12 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Apparently Albert Celades, Spain's U21 manager, has been given the job

That's about what I thought would happen and Spain play the same style throughout all levels but it's still having a manager and group of players who are complete strangers to one another with only one day before the tournament starts.

3 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Man, this isn’t cutting off your nose to spite your face. This is cutting off your nose to spite your nose, right before you start your modeling contract. 

What a time to be alive.

I get that he's a leader and they didn't want to change things up too much more than already has been, but this doesn't really seem like the record of a manager capable of taking a team to a WC win

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

I get that he's a leader and they didn't want to change things up too much more than already has been, but this doesn't really seem like the record of a manager capable of taking a team to a WC win

To be fair, you arent going to get anyone much better with zero time available. I would have promoted from within and had faith in the system though. 

3 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Man, this isn’t cutting off your nose to spite your face. This is cutting off your nose to spite your nose, right before you start your modeling contract. 

It was disrespectful of Julen.

I don't blame the Spanish FA. 

28 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

It was disrespectful of Julen.

I don't blame the Spanish FA. 

That's a laughable reaction to having your feelings hurt though. They just torpedoed their own WC chances. It was a poor decision to announce it without giving the Spanish FA proper notice but the reaction is so petty. 

Archived