2018 FIFA World Cup Group A & Group B

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Any team THAT unbalanced winning the world cup would be impressive. None of the 3 teams I listed would impress me at all. France would because they are so young. England would be impressive for the same reasons. I think it will be fun to watch as long as one of those 3 aren't in it. 

I feel as though you think it will be rigged if Ronaldo and Patricio win the world cup. 

Oh I don't care about big teams being there, I almost never root for the favorites. The only reason I'm anti-Portugal is Euro 2016, I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch them win matches 1-0 which they don't remotely deserve to advance. Portugal during Euro 2016 were maybe a slight step up from Greece with so much more talent than them. This team isn't much better than that side, also Pepe is maybe the biggest bastard in the entirety of the sport. 

9 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the Pique tackle. I'm seeing a lot of comments saying it should have been a straight red (he wasn't even carded or a foul given). He definitely goes in two footed but looks to get the ball first and doesn't appear like it's studs up until he hits the ground. It's definitely a bit reckless and I could certainly agree with a yellow but think red would be a little harsh. 

Should be a yellow at a minimum and wouldn't argue too much against anyone saying it should be a red.

The fact that he gets the ball doesn't negate the fact that it was a two footed action that caught the Moroccan player with his studs in the follow through

15 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Should be a yellow at a minimum and wouldn't argue too much against anyone saying it should be a red.

The fact that he gets the ball doesn't negate the fact that it was a two footed action that caught the Moroccan player with his studs in the follow through

Yeah ive come around to think it should definitely be a yellow at minimum. He was definitely reckless and if he made any sort of hard contact it's a clear red. He makes contact but it's quite light but could easily be a red.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Not entirely sure yet. I need to look at the bracket. I'm thinking about doing two games to a thread.

Think that makes sense.

If we stick to the theme of the games falling on or around the same day you should probably split it as per the draw.

I.e.

1A vs 2B and 1C vs 2D in the same thread, both play Saturday.

And

2A vs 1B and 2C vs 1D in he same thread, both play Sunday.

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

Think that makes sense.

If we stick to the theme of the games falling on or around the same day you should probably split it as per the draw.

I.e.

1A vs 2B and 1C vs 2D in the same thread, both play Saturday.

And

2A vs 1B and 2C vs 1D in he same thread, both play Sunday.

Yeah agreed and that is more or less what I had in mind. I'll start getting those up tonight or you can take a stab at it. 

As @drd23 said we should definitely include the actual countries in the title though haha.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah agreed and that is more or less what I had in mind. I'll start getting those up tonight or you can take a stab at it. 

As @drd23 said we should definitely include the actual countries in the title though haha.

You did a stellar job so far so I would want to ruin that. If you really need help I'll do one later tonight.

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

You did a stellar job so far so I would want to ruin that. If you really need help I'll do one later tonight.

No worries I can knock out the decided ones so far and do a short little write up summarizing how they did in the group stage.

Archived