Most important GB Defensive player for 2018 season

squire12

Most important GB defensive player for 2018 season  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which GB Packer defensive player will be the most important for the 2018 season

• Mike Daniels
    • Kenny Clark
    • Mo Wilkerson
    • Nick Perry
    • Clay Matthews
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Kevin King
    • Blake Martinez
    • Tramon Williams
    • OTHER

Let's have some discussion on the most important players on the GB Packers.  Going to break this down by offense and defense.  

I may not be able to submit a new poll every few days, so anyone can feel free to take up the mantle and continue.  No preference on whether it is Offense or Defense, just put something up if you feel the current poll and topic has run its course.

I think this leading defensive player question...and really the top 3-4 will be an interesting discussion.  

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unless we add some vet depth it will be Clay and Nick. Not necessarily how well they play as even if they're just average I think we'll be OK, but because we have no reason to trust the guys behind them starting.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gotta be Perry.

5 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

i said clay. either him or perry. 

Can't really argue with that.  The depth of the various positions can be argued to factor into how each will reach a conclusion. 

For me, it comes down to the "best" player becoming the most important.  

I think Pettine will generate more pass rush from the DL vs the EDGE position.  At least that is my hope

I voted Kevin King

IF the Packers can leave him on an island, then Pettine's defense takes 3 steps forward on Sundays

I'll also echo Joe Whitt's comments that the Packers success (or lack thereof) , hinges on QBs and CBs

It's pretty easily Clay Matthews or Nick Perry for me.  Considering Clay's versatility, it's Clay. 

Every other player has at least a serviceable backup.  With Matthews and Perry, we ain't got nobody who could back them up effectively.  If Clay has 10 sacks this season, I feel like we're a top 10 scoring defense. 

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I voted Kevin King

IF the Packers can leave him on an island, then Pettine's defense takes 3 steps forward on Sundays

I'll also echo Joe Whitt's comments that the Packers success (or lack thereof) , hinges on QBs and CBs

I vote King as well. I didn’t vote for Clay or Nick because even if one goes down, you still have the other one and the defensive line to get the pass rush.

Pettitine’s D seems to rely heavily on the CBs and I think we’re gonna need one above average, upper tier guy and with Tramon with his age, and Jaire/JJ being rookies ( although last year rookie CBs were nasty) it has to be King to play at that higher level.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is a hard question!

My gut instinct was Perry, but our #1 CB (whoever that is) has a strong argument too.

Agree on the difficulty of the question.  Feels like 3-4 options could make a good case for most important.

With ten seconds thought I called it for King, but as suggested above we really need to have SOMEBODY step up and act the part of a true #1 CB. We have both veteran and young players in the pool of options.

The other players are relatively known commodities and we depend upon them to play at a certain level.

If you ask the question differently and wonder which player we can least afford to lose, I wonder if it might be Blake Martinez. He has grown into the position nicely and might be harder to replace than we think.

Archived