Most important GB Defensive player for 2018 season

squire12

Most important GB defensive player for 2018 season  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which GB Packer defensive player will be the most important for the 2018 season

• Mike Daniels
    • Kenny Clark
    • Mo Wilkerson
    • Nick Perry
    • Clay Matthews
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Kevin King
    • Blake Martinez
    • Tramon Williams
    • OTHER

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I'm getting the feeling that Fackrell turns the corner this year. 

Me too, I see Fackrell turning the NW corner out of Lambeau and heading straight to Austin Straubel with the other scrubs let go during the first round of cuts at the upcoming training camp.

My heart pick would be undoubtabley Clay, he's got to prove to us again that he's still a top tier defensive player this year so maybe we'll keep him around next year. My gut pick would be whomever starts at LCB, whoever starts there has to lock it down, we've had consecutive bad years now of bad corner play, needs to change now.

I originally voted for Kenny Clark  but the more I think about this question it seems to me that EVERYBODY has to up their game for this defense to improve.   The secondary has to cover and tackle better and the front 7 have to create a consistent pass rush.  We are pretty good at stopping the run but couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.  

10 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Me too, I see Fackrell turning the NW corner out of Lambeau and heading straight to Austin Straubel with the other scrubs let go during the first round of cuts at the upcoming training camp.

There is no first round of cuts anymore, just the "final 53" at the end of the preseason.  He will make it to game 4.

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

I originally voted for Kenny Clark  but the more I think about this question it seems to me that EVERYBODY has to up their game for this defense to improve.   The secondary has to cover and tackle better and the front 7 have to create a consistent pass rush.  We are pretty good at stopping the run but couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.  

So, Pettine?

On 6/6/2018 at 11:54 AM, Leader said:

Gilbert

Think you've been reading too many JSOnline articles. I'll believe it when I see it from Gilbert. If he's anything more than Jayrone Elliott 2.0, I'll eat my words. If I had to pick a 3rd EDGE guy who currently is not on our team, I'd have to go Biegel. That is simply because there literally is no one else. I just hope Biegel 2018 isn't Fackrell 2017 because right now that's the comparison that mostly comes to mind for me. 

16 hours ago, gopackgo27 said:

Honestly think it's HaHa, more-so due to the depth behind him. Clay & Perry right there though.

I picked Ha-Has as well. When I think of a top defense, I think about that center fielder type of safety who makes plays all over the field, i.e. an Ed Reed or Earl Thomas. Now, Ha-Ha will never be either of those players, but we him to play at least close to a Pro Bowl level and the rest of the secondary will be better because of it. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Think you've been reading too many JSOnline articles. I'll believe it when I see it from Gilbert. If he's anything more than Jayrone Elliott 2.0, I'll eat my words. If I had to pick a 3rd EDGE guy who currently is not on our team, I'd have to go Biegel. That is simply because there literally is no one else. I just hope Biegel 2018 isn't Fackrell 2017 because right now that's the comparison that mostly comes to mind for me. 

Actually....I've not been reading much of anything GB related these days - but - when I was, JSO was last on the list.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Actually....I've not been reading much of anything GB related these days - but - when I was, JSO was last on the list.

I'm being facetious. Hopefully, people can prove me wrong about Gilbert because I obviously hope he's a good player, but I'm very skeptical. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I'm being facetious. Hopefully, people can prove me wrong about Gilbert because I obviously hope he's a good player, but I'm very skeptical. 

No sweat. It would be nice if either/both Gilbert and/or Biegel came on this year. No clue if it will happen, but if there's a time for it......this be the time.

As far as answering the thread question......no clue. I think Gilbert can give us more than we've seen - and I'm hoping he does.

Archived