We Remember

Oh wow I didn't even realize today was d-day. Definitely a day to be thankful for their sacrifice in the biggest war of all time. I might have to watch band of brothers or saving private Ryan today 

8 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Apologies I didn't see this until now. This really doesn't get enough coverage.

It's natural for this stuff to fade over time.  We don't really celebrate the end of the civil war anymore.  July 4th will continue to be celebrated in America for a long time, but for different reasons.  

40 years from now, when everyone who fought in WWII is dead and gone, it'll be a faint memory.  Sad yes, but healthy.

But for now, it's good to keep this stuff in my hearts and minds.  I've actually been reading some WWI and WWII history books lately.  Some really interesting events that a lot of us don't know about anymore.

D-Day will be heavily celebrated next year, as it marks the 75th anniversary. But you just can't expect every year that these events in history will celebrated at the same level.

D-Day is one of my favorite subjects to study and read about. Truly a testament to the lengths men will go to sacrifice for their country and loved ones. 

However, thankfully, unlike with previous wars, because of how many films, books and overall recollections we have of WWII and the atrocities, sacrifice, and glory that took place I don't feel the memory of it will fade like it has with the preceding wars. WWII will be preserved in time with the rightful memory it deserves.

Archived