Sign in to follow this  
Crickett

With the benefit of hindsight, what would you have done differently in the 2018 draft?

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

How did you do Forge ? Are you smarter than a 5th grader NFL GM ?

Meh. My older drafts aren't so great in hindsight. When it first started, a lot of us agreed with a lot of the picks the 49ers made, so there weren't a ton of changes made. In more recent years, a lot of us have diverged considerably from what the 49ers have done. I think next year will be the first year where we really see that change over. In some cases, it's good. I would have stayed put a couple of years ago and drafted Marcus Peters rather than trading down and getting Armstead, but another year I would have passed on Buckner for Tunsil, and that's looking like a bad call. My more recent drafts are slightly better looking overall - some steals such as Jordan Howard in the middle rounds, things like that. 

On 6/13/2018 at 1:50 PM, Forge said:

Meh. My older drafts aren't so great in hindsight. When it first started, a lot of us agreed with a lot of the picks the 49ers made, so there weren't a ton of changes made. In more recent years, a lot of us have diverged considerably from what the 49ers have done. I think next year will be the first year where we really see that change over. In some cases, it's good. I would have stayed put a couple of years ago and drafted Marcus Peters rather than trading down and getting Armstead, but another year I would have passed on Buckner for Tunsil, and that's looking like a bad call. My more recent drafts are slightly better looking overall - some steals such as Jordan Howard in the middle rounds, things like that. 

Would love to see the results if you have links 

19 minutes ago, Scout said:

Would love to see the results if you have links 

They are at the bottom of the page. They actually go back as far as 2011, however pre 2015, I believe, they were based on people's mocks prior to the draft, so obviously the drafts played out differently. We killed some of the ffmd drafts in hindsight lol.

LIS before, highly recommended for all team forums. Really fun to keep them then go back and look. We also add different wrinkles (trade adjustments) , and this year @y2lamanaki actually did a live one during the draft (I couldn't participate since I had to be in here minding you hooligans, but looked like a good amount of fun).

the only change id do for the jags draft is Swapping out Tanner Lee for Alex McGouh.  lees looked horrific and i thought was a turd pick. 

Honestly, in hindsight, I might swap out sam Hubbard for Orlando Brown, but that's about it.  Looking back at it, the team's strategy is much clearer than while it was in progress.

For the Titans? Nothing really. I wasn’t a huge fan of Evans but it was a need and fits Dean Pees defense to a “T”. We got who I wanted in the 1st round in the 2nd round with Landry. With only 2 other picks, we added depth so I’m completely happy with the Titans draft which isn’t always the case but Robinson has shown he knows how to work a draft.