Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Da_Ducktator

Sam Beal - Supplemental Draft

Recommended Posts

On 7/1/2018 at 9:55 AM, candyman93 said:

I’d love for Cleveland to give the kid a try. He has the measureables and plays a position we’ve aggressively tried to improve. We have an extra 3rd, but we might have to use a 2nd.

You absolutely do it, he could turn out to be the next Nnamdi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm calling it right now: The Browns don't put in a 3rd or better on Beal or Alexander. I'd love to see them do it, but they seem content with their CB room right now. All of the guys they've brought in seem to have definitive roles right now. I don't think we're set at CB, but I have a feeling our GM is happy with the room based on how much he gave the players he brought in here.

 

#1 CB: Denzel Ward

#2 CB: EJ Gaines

#3 Nickle CB: TJ Carrie

#4 CB: Briean Boddy-Calhoun

#5 CB: Terrence Mitchell

#6 CB/Project: Simeon Thomas

 

That's not a bad group. The need at cornerback for the Browns is not severe.

 

 

My guess is the Colts snag him for a 2nd round pick. Their CB situation literally makes me sick. I'm fairly certain that there are corpses that could perform the duties of a CB better than their projected starters right now. Freaking Pierre Desir is starting for them. The Colts CB room makes me feel good about myself as an NFL prospect as a 30 year old, short, white, fat, unathletic man. If I lost like 10 more pounds I could probably make the team. Sam Beal makes all the sense in the world for them. They have by far the worst CB situation out of any team in the NFL right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Given how weak the 2019 class looks, I'd be shocked if someone didn't spend a 3rd on Beal and a 5th on Alexander (his workout didn't raise his stock at all, given the film concerns). 

 I don't see the Colts spending a 2nd, though - that's a top 40 pick.   A little too rich for their blood.  I could definitely see a 3rd.

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 1:58 AM, BleedTheClock said:

I'm calling it right now: The Browns don't put in a 3rd or better on Beal or Alexander. I'd love to see them do it, but they seem content with their CB room right now. All of the guys they've brought in seem to have definitive roles right now. I don't think we're set at CB, but I have a feeling our GM is happy with the room based on how much he gave the players he brought in here.

 

#1 CB: Denzel Ward

#2 CB: EJ Gaines

#3 Nickle CB: TJ Carrie

#4 CB: Briean Boddy-Calhoun

#5 CB: Terrence Mitchell

#6 CB/Project: Simeon Thomas

 

That's not a bad group. The need at cornerback for the Browns is not severe.

 

 

My guess is the Colts snag him for a 2nd round pick. Their CB situation literally makes me sick. I'm fairly certain that there are corpses that could perform the duties of a CB better than their projected starters right now. Freaking Pierre Desir is starting for them. The Colts CB room makes me feel good about myself as an NFL prospect as a 30 year old, short, white, fat, unathletic man. If I lost like 10 more pounds I could probably make the team. Sam Beal makes all the sense in the world for them. They have by far the worst CB situation out of any team in the NFL right now.

That's a strong group. I never liked Carrie on #1 guys, but as a 2 or 3, he's a good corner. Gaines should have more cash and though I'm not Ward's biggest fan compared to others, he's definitely a talented corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BW Webb and Randall Gay are the 3rd/4th CB's on the Gmen depth chart.   Unless I'm forgetting someone, holy hell batman, great value for the Gmen.  He could be their 3rd CB right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 11:20 PM, Broncofan said:

BW Webb and Randall Gay are the 3rd/4th CB's on the Gmen depth chart.   Unless I'm forgetting someone, holy hell batman, great value for the Gmen.  He could be their 3rd CB right away.

Why does their depth chart affect his value? I would assume most 3rd round CB picks would play nickel or even #2 anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why does their depth chart affect his value? I would assume most 3rd round CB picks would play nickel or even #2 anyways

He went likely where he would have declared earlier this year.   So in theory, there's not much inherent extra value gained.

But, they used a 2019 pick to get a 2018 impact player if he's their 3rd CB right from Week 1.   If they had a deep depth chart, then they used a 2019 pick on a guy with very little 2018 impact, then you get less immediate impact - and thus, less value. 

Beal getting picked in the 3rd was a good move, talent-wise.  But now they have a 2018 guy who could be on the field 60+ percent of the time (given how often nickel is used nowadays), vs. a guy they just put on the bench if they're deeper.  Hence the value statement.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, Da_Ducktator said:

Sam Beal will get drafted. The kid is too good not to. Ended up academically ineligible, but because he was short on credits, not due to GPA (unsure exactly how this happens, but the head coach vouched for him).

He took too many classes and failed the ones he needed to pass before he hit his desired degree's credits attempted limit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 11:20 PM, Broncofan said:

BW Webb and Randall Gay are the 3rd/4th CB's on the Gmen depth chart.   Unless I'm forgetting someone, holy hell batman, great value for the Gmen.  He could be their 3rd CB right away.

Beal > Apple 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2018 at 3:34 PM, Da_Ducktator said:

Beal = Out for season

Ahhh Giants Football is back baby!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×