Supplemental Draft actually relevant??

Fatgerman

So this might be the first supplemental draft in years to have 2 selections. Adonis Alexander, the big DB from Virginia tech has already declared for it. Now, Sam Beal, CB from Western Michigan is applying to enter the draft as well. He's a tall, talented corner that has already been projected as a first round pick in the 2019 draft. Adonis has been projected from round 2-3.

Corner is a premium position as we all know. If Wolf, Dorsey, and co scout and like one of those two guys, should we get Ward's counterpart now? If Beal looks like the real deal, lockdown corner, would you guys be cool with using a 2nd round selection on him, or a 2nd/3rd on Alexander if he's the guy Dorsey wants??

I would go after both and see what happens. Can never have to many DBs. Alexanader and Beal are both quality DBs. He’ll that safety coming out ran a 4.24 ? I can see the Seahawks putting in high picks on both these guys though. 

Idk about Alexander but I’d deff throw a 4th for Beal

especially with Howard Wilson still not back on the field yet 

Broken knee cap that honestly is probably a two year recovery stint. Beal would be nice here. Someone is gonna spend a pick on him 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Can you use picks acquired ? Because I’d use both 3rds on Beal and Alexander 

Agree. That Bryant kid could back up Randall at Free Safety, learning the ropes. A single high with that speedO.o Besides, the only real backup they've got behind Randall is BBC, who's cross training for CB and FS.

But if our guys, Wolf-McKenzie-Dorsey, like these CBs then there is no reason not to go after each and everyone.

If we can acquire talent don’t care how we get it. 

With the supplemental draft they usually go a round lower than they would in the draft. I would be happy to throw a 3rd and 5th in the pot.

that said what have these guys been up to? I know Alexander was academically ineligible, what about the others?

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we can acquire talent don’t care how we get it. 

With the supplemental draft they usually go a round lower than they would in the draft. I would be happy to throw a 3rd and 5th in the pot.

that said what have these guys been up to? I know Alexander was academically ineligible, what about the others?

I believe all three are academic related. That honestly doesn't bother me. Some guys only go to college as stepping stones to the NFL. Doesn't mean they are necessarily stupid or lazy.

Might be an issue of want-to. Lord knows I had to take classes I had zero interest in as a means to an end with getting my degree. If I was all about football, with no intention of ever getting my degree, and I knew it wouldn't mean anything in the wash, why would I put any effort?! 

I'm not in the habit of doing things I don't enjoy for no reason. There has to be a goal in mind.

There's very little incentive for guys like that. They're all football. With maybe some girls and video games sprinkled in.

22 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I believe all three are academic related. That honestly doesn't bother me. Some guys only go to college as stepping stones to the NFL. Doesn't mean they are necessarily stupid or lazy.

Might be an issue of want-to. Lord knows I had to take classes I had zero interest in as a means to an end with getting my degree. If I was all about football, with no intention of ever getting my degree, and I knew it wouldn't mean anything in the wash, why would I put any effort?! 

I'm not in the habit of doing things I don't enjoy for no reason. There has to be a goal in mind.

There's very little incentive for guys like that. They're all football. With maybe some girls and video games sprinkled in.

Cool, I’m chilled with that, if it is drugs and or violence related I think it takes more research. 

Hopefully we add some cheap talent.

I deleted some posts in here about violence against women. This is a favor because I don't like handing out suspensions. Further posts recommending violence against women will receive suspensions. I know it's jokes, but better safe than sorry.

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I deleted some posts in here about violence against women. This is a favor because I don't like handing out suspensions. Further posts recommending violence against women will receive suspensions. I know it's jokes, but I don't care.

That's my bad. @freakygeniuskid you did the right thing. You are my moral compass. I apologise to the forum as a whole. 

Archived