Supplemental Draft actually relevant??

Fatgerman

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You think they’re sandbagging us in the supplemental draft for the big market teams?

I think when you have something not televised not heavily scouted or understood and rarely sees any decent prospect you can get away with some slight of hand ****. Sam Beal would have been a 1st-2nd round pick in 2019. With zero red flags. Las Vegas now that betting is legal is going to explode. New York is already huge. So ya I think it’s sandbagging. We should have had the first selection were 1-31. 

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I think when you have something not televised not heavily scouted or understood and rarely sees any decent prospect you can get away with some slight of hand ****. Sam Beal would have been a 1st-2nd round pick in 2019. With zero red flags. Las Vegas now that betting is legal is going to explode. New York is already huge. So ya I think it’s sandbagging. We should have had the first selection were 1-31. 

281.gif 

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

This is weird as heck. I don't remember the supplemental system ever needing a "lottery" in the past, it was always just order of record from the previous year.

They'll go back to the regular way next year and then switch back to a lottery when Jacksonville moves to London.

I feel like Mind today with my relentless negativity.

It's the supplemental draft. I'm fairly certain the NFL isn't trying to screw us out of anything by having the Giants pick ahead of us.

"The (insert professional organization) is rigged" guy is my least favorite "guy" in all of social media.

Plus, Sam Beal isn't that special. Is he a good player? Sure. But people calling him a 1st-2nd round prospect were out of line. He was never that talented. I think he would go in the 3rd in a normal draft. Both he and Alexander got selected with picks that matched their actual value, IMO.

Beal a 3rd rounder really ? He would have been a 2nd in this years draft and 1st in 19 easily. His lack of ints is what killed him. Had he played this year billed up a bit a continued to improve a 6-1 4.4 corner with production always goes high. And I’m not saying it’s rigged I’m just interested why this year is a lottery and in previous years the team with the worst record had #1 but this year the two of three largest markets outside of LA were ahead of us. One with new high profile head coach hire and more to Las Vegas and another with a CB who just had someone die in his house. Kinda seems shady but whatever. Say what you will adding Beal with one of our two 3rds would have been tremendous for us. If he developed wouldn’t be looking at a 2-3 year window of winning. We’re more of a decade or more. Whatever guess we’ll wait to next year. Hope we sign Bryant 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Beal a 3rd rounder really ? He would have been a 2nd in this years draft and 1st in 19 easily. His lack of ints is what killed him. Had he played this year billed up a bit a continued to improve a 6-1 4.4 corner with production always goes high. And I’m not saying it’s rigged I’m just interested why this year is a lottery and in previous years the team with the worst record had #1 but this year the two of three largest markets outside of LA were ahead of us. One with new high profile head coach hire and more to Las Vegas and another with a CB who just had someone die in his house. Kinda seems shady but whatever. Say what you will adding Beal with one of our two 3rds would have been tremendous for us. If he developed wouldn’t be looking at a 2-3 year window of winning. We’re more of a decade or more. Whatever guess we’ll wait to next year. Hope we sign Bryant 

Just another sad reality of the NFL boning the Browns

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

My thoughts as well. 

Sam Beal is take it or leave it for me. I wouldn't have cared if we offered a 3rd nor do I care much that we didn't get him. I'm not upset in the least about not getting Beal, but I do agree with those who think it is just another jab at the Browns. I am sorry if you think Browns fans just like to cry conspiracy but seriously an awful lot of coincidental stuff only happens to the Browns.

How many teams have lost a game because of a celebration penalty? 1

How many teams have lost a game because the officials reviewed a pay after the next play was run? 1

How many plays lost a player due to injury as a direct result of NFL employees wrong doing and then never received a compensatory pick for the loss? 1

1995 expansion draft both Jacksonville and Carolina both receiver extra 1st-7th round picks.

1999 and its the Browns turn and the NFL says we don't deserve the extra 1st. We only get 2nd-7th rounders.

There are many many more things I could list right now if I wasn't too tired to think through them all.

Archived