Sign in to follow this  
Fatgerman

Supplemental Draft actually relevant??

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Yes and no. That was certainly the Crux of why, but Love put a hefty strain on our salary cap, hobbling our roster flexibility, for zero production against the Warriors and being a constant liability on defense. He's become a stretch 4 role player making max money. That was a significant hindrance to winning the last two years.

The fact that you realized this, and I realized this, also means other teams realized this.  Who’s to say his value is high enough to bring back a top shelf player?

This year, he had the perfect opportunity to up his usage with Kyrie in Boston, but he rarely showed us the Minnesota player we traded for.

The Minnesota version was just getting buckets in losses.  There’s a big difference between that and postseason play. There’s no games against teams like Phoenix or Dallas in the postseason.

To add to this, it’s hard to play Love (or anyone for that matter) in the paint (which he did a lot in Minny) with LeBron because it ruins the spacing LeBron (and Kyrie) need.

In reality we should have traded Wiggins for the best mid 20 year old two way wing we could have gotten and tried to trade for Ryan Anderson or someone similar.

And don't even get me started on that contract for Tristan.

What was the alternative?  I’ve asked this every time people complain about these deals and will continue to.  Our options were pay Tristan or replace him with a vet min player.  Not many vet min bigs better than TT.

18 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I was just getting ready to ask about why everyone hates on Kevin Love but not Tristan Thompson.

He’s a big who can guard 1-5.  His ability to switch on guards is a big reason we have a ring.

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2018 at 12:02 AM, Fatgerman said:

I'm looking at athletic numbers. Shocked by some on our roster.

Terrance Mitchell led the combine db's with a stupid 6.57 3cone and 4 flat 20 yard shuttle. He also ran in the mid 4.40's at his pro day

Simeon Thomas has 35" long arms. Wow! And an 11'3" broad jump.

Montrel Meander had a daytime talkshow before he began playing football.

Tj Carrie had a 41" vert, 4.45 40, and 6.97 3cone at his proday.

Geoff Gray, OG from Canada, measured 6'5" 315, 34" arms, 31" vert, and can ride a unicycle (no, seriously)

Final one...

Da'Mari Scott: 6' 205, 4.47 40, good 6.86 3cone.

I like the traits of many of our new additions. Interesting numbers.

He's also 6'3" 1/2...has a 39 1/2 vertical and ran 4.44 and 4.47 at his pro day (electronically timed) and can play CB and FS/SS....that is a LOT of tools in that there box....and I had never heard of this kid before we brought him in for a visit.

I still want Beal......IJS....add him and I feel we have rebuilt our secondary completely in a single offseason..

Edited by DaWg_LB.

31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I want Beal and to sign Hankins.

I'd totally sign Hankins on 1 year deal. 11 million 1 year 6 million guaranteed

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I would too. But he's one of like 3 guys left in the league represented by an agent who is notorious for wildly outrageous contract demands. I would bet you he's still asking for 4 for 40 or 3 for 33 with significant year 2 guarantees or some such BS.

50 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I would too. But he's one of like 3 guys left in the league represented by an agent who is notorious for wildly outrageous contract demands. I would bet you he's still asking for 4 for 40 or 3 for 33 with significant year 2 guarantees or some such BS.

True, the market for dts who aren't pass rushers is also flat. Bad agent, bad market analysis.  

Terrell Pryor should of taken his deal with us he is down about 3-4 million for not taking it and is unlikely to get a better deal.

On 6/18/2018 at 2:12 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

He's also 6'3" 1/2...has a 39 1/2 vertical and ran 4.44 and 4.47 at his pro day (electronically timed) and can play CB and FS/SS....that is a LOT of tools in that there box....and I had never heard of this kid before we brought him in for a visit.

I still want Beal......IJS....add him and I feel we have rebuilt our secondary completely in a single offseason..

Yeah, I totally understand his selection. Even if he never performs, you gotta take a chance with that skill set. He's a unicorn in terms of body and athleticism for CB.

I'm all in on Beal, to the extent that I'd be seriously disappointed if I find out we didn't at least put in a bid. Sam Beal takes this off-season over the top for me in terms of best off-season ever.

Can you imagine getting Sam Beal a project 1st rounder 2019 and signing Hankins to a 1 year deal. Our hype level would go crazy 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Can you imagine getting Sam Beal a project 1st rounder 2019 and signing Hankins to a 1 year deal. Our hype level would go crazy 

The defense would have a TON of talented guys all the way down to the last man on the roster. Sitting at...

Garrett/Smith

Hankins/Coley

Ogunjobi/Brantley

Ogbah/Thomas

Collins/Burgess

Schobert/Avery

Kirksey/Kendricks

Ward/Carrie/Beal

Randall/Boddy-Calhoun/Campbell

Peppers/Kindred

Gaines/Mitchell/Thomas

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

The defense would have a TON of talented guys all the way down to the last man on the roster. Sitting at...

Garrett/Smith

Hankins/Coley

Ogunjobi/Brantley

Ogbah/Thomas

Collins/Burgess

Schobert/Avery

Kirksey/Kendricks

Ward/Carrie/Beal

Randall/Boddy-Calhoun/Campbell

Peppers/Kindred

Gaines/Mitchell/Thomas

Biggest aspect for me is the athleticism and speed. Thank God! Gone are the old, slow veteran 3-4 defenses of Mangini, Crennel, Pettine, and Horton. I never want to see a 3-4 again, honestly. We are building our defense like Ohio State's, fast, athletic, with waves of talented D-Linemen.

Remember, Urban built his D with combating fast, explosive spread offenses in mind. This is the challenge facing NFL teams now. RPO's will hafta be adjusted to just like the league adjusted to the wildcat the Dolphins began using years ago.

Edited by Fatgerman

21 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Biggest aspect for me is the athleticism and speed. Thank God! Gone are the old, slow veteran 3-4 defenses of Mangini, Crennel, Pettine, and Horton. I never want to see a 3-4 again, honestly. We are building our defense like Ohio State's, fast, athletic, with waves of talented D-Linemen.

Remember, Urban built his D with combating fast, explosive spread offenses in mind. This is the challenge facing NFL teams now. RPO's will hafta be adjusted to just like the league adjusted to the wildcat the Dolphins began using years ago.

Yeah I never want to 3-4 again. You need a JJ Watt or a Von Miller to pull it off and they don’t grow on trees. 

On 6/18/2018 at 5:14 PM, Kiwibrown said:

I did a little comparison shopping on Hankins. I compared him with Danny Shelton using profootball focus. Hankins is 26, Shelton will be 25 in August. Last year, Hankins had a PFF total grade of 85, which is at their high quality level rating. Danny's total grade was 81.5, at their above average level. In run defense, Hankins scored a 90. Danny scored a 85.9. In pass rush, Hankins scored 65.2 while Danny scored 53.2. 

So, if we did decide to sign Hankins, he would be a legitimate upgrade, making the trading of Danny look smart for us. Plus, we should be able to get Hankins at a reasonable price. If we can pay Hankins less money than what Danny's 5th year player option would have cost us in 2019, we got a better player at a lower price, and Dorsey is GMing like an idiot savant.

17 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I did a little comparison shopping on Hankins. I compared him with Danny Shelton using profootball focus. Hankins is 26, Shelton will be 25 in August. Last year, Hankins had a PFF total grade of 85, which is at their high quality level rating. Danny's total grade was 81.5, at their above average level. In run defense, Hankins scored a 90. Danny scored a 85.9. In pass rush, Hankins scored 65.2 while Danny scored 53.2. 

So, if we did decide to sign Hankins, he would be a legitimate upgrade, making the trading of Danny look smart for us. Plus, we should be able to get Hankins at a reasonable price. If we can pay Hankins less money than what Danny's 5th year player option would have cost us in 2019, we got a better player at a lower price, and Dorsey is GMing like an idiot savant.

That is some good analysis. You be Sachi Brown or something? I love the idea of having 8-10 good players on the d line so they can keep charging. I remember when we would sub out Garrett for Nassib or Orchard, pressure would be a miracle. I don’t think either of those guys are able to generate any pressure against middle of the road tackles. Nassib is a head of orchard, he is good at being tall and getting pass deflections, which has a similar function to a sack and nullifying a down. But neither generate pressure independently. Garrett is a next level athlete and Ogbah is very good. Chris Smith and Chad Thomas both seem like they may be able to do something. 

Shelton was a complete non factor as pass rusher. We could definitely afford Hankins for two years, I’d happily pay him 2 years 10 million per season. We need pressure up the middle.

41 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

That is some good analysis. You be Sachi Brown or something? I love the idea of having 8-10 good players on the d line so they can keep charging. I remember when we would sub out Garrett for Nassib or Orchard, pressure would be a miracle. I don’t think either of those guys are able to generate any pressure against middle of the road tackles. Nassib is a head of orchard, he is good at being tall and getting pass deflections, which has a similar function to a sack and nullifying a down. But neither generate pressure independently. Garrett is a next level athlete and Ogbah is very good. Chris Smith and Chad Thomas both seem like they may be able to do something. 

Shelton was a complete non factor as pass rusher. We could definitely afford Hankins for two years, I’d happily pay him 2 years 10 million per season. We need pressure up the middle.

My Harvard degree must be in the mail;):D