Supplemental Draft actually relevant??

Fatgerman

9 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Reading this list gave me chills, and not the good chills, like when I'm about destroy a bratwurst and beer.

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Low blood glucose?

7 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I meant more erotic.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Meat sweats?

5 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Now you're getting it.

/website

16 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Travis Wilson

Babatunde Oshinowo

Andrew Hoffman

Nick Spiegel

Rahim Abdullah

David Veikune

Jeremiah Pharms

Melivin Fowler

Chaun Thompson

Isaac Sowells

DeMario Minter

Beau Bell

Montario Hardesty

Owen Marecic

Greg Little

Leon McFadden

Ryan Miller

Terrance West

Pierre Desir

Nate Orchard

Vince Mayle

Cody Kessler

DeShone Kizer

What could you ever mean by "typical Browns pick"???

I know better than anyone here with my statistical studies on the draft that hitting on middle and late round picks is extremely rare but my goodness we took the laws of mathematics and destroyed them with how epic and how often we whiff on those picks.

D@mn you for posting this list.  You're an opener of old wounds.  You're a scab picker.  At least you could've single-spaced it.

On 6/21/2018 at 10:02 PM, TheeRealDeal said:

Travis Wilson

Babatunde Oshinowo

Andrew Hoffman

Nick Spiegel

Rahim Abdullah

David Veikune

Jeremiah Pharms

Melivin Fowler

Chaun Thompson

Isaac Sowells

DeMario Minter

Beau Bell

Montario Hardesty

Owen Marecic

Greg Little

Leon McFadden

Ryan Miller

Terrance West

Pierre Desir

Nate Orchard

Vince Mayle

Cody Kessler

DeShone Kizer

What could you ever mean by "typical Browns pick"???

I know better than anyone here with my statistical studies on the draft that hitting on middle and late round picks is extremely rare but my goodness we took the laws of mathematics and destroyed them with how epic and how often we whiff on those picks.

I don't know about you guys, but I haven't yet given up on David Veikune. Lotta untapped potential.

With a 4.87 40 and mediocre production, there was no way he would slip to the third round!

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The numbers don’t lie. Except with Veikune, Louis, Chaun Thompson, and Oshniowo. 

At least Chaun Thompson played, unlike Veikune. Both were serious draft reaches. Babatunde might have made a rotation on a four man front, which is all you can ask from a sixth round pick, if I recall.

I was one of those guys who convinced himself on Andrew Hoffman's transition from Dtackle to OG being a thing. Alotta that was because of Kris Dielman.

At one point, I was so jelly of the Chargers. Undrafted: Dielman and Antonio Gates. Lights out Shawne Merriman and Luis Castillo killing QBs, before the steroid truth surfaced. Mid round successes like Shaun Phillips, Vincent Jackson, and Michael Turner. Late round successes like Shane Olivea and Jeromy Clary. A real secondary with young Antonio Cromartie and Eric Weddle, along with reinvigorated CBs Drayton Florence and Quentin Jammer. Future HOF Tomlinson. And at a time when we couldn't find one QB, they had Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. 

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

At least Chaun Thompson played, unlike Veikune. Both were serious draft reaches. Babatunde might have made a rotation on a four man front, which is all you can ask from a sixth round pick, if I recall.

I was one of those guys who convinced himself on Andrew Hoffman's transition from Dtackle to OG being a thing. Alotta that was because of Kris Dielman.

At one point, I was so jelly of the Chargers. Undrafted: Dielman and Antonio Gates. Lights out Shawne Merriman and Luis Castillo killing QBs, before the steroid truth surfaced. Mid round successes like Shaun Phillips, Vincent Jackson, and Michael Turner. Late round successes like Shane Olivea and Jeromy Clary. A real secondary with young Antonio Cromartie and Eric Weddle, along with reinvigorated CBs Drayton Florence and Quentin Jammer. Future HOF Tomlinson. And at a time when we couldn't find one QB, they had Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. 

You tell a sad tale of our maximum incompetence. I remember feeling stoked so often on where we were going... I loved Mangina as a coach, Phil Savage as a gm.... I was so high onBrady Quinn. It makes me think, the guarded optimism we feel at the moment, is it a collective delusion?

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

You tell a sad tale of our maximum incompetence. I remember feeling stoked so often on where we were going... I loved Mangina as a coach, Phil Savage as a gm.... I was so high onBrady Quinn. It makes me think, the guarded optimism we feel at the moment, is it a collective delusion?

I don't think it's a collective delusion, but I understand the concern. Before, we'd be counting on guys like Simeon Thomas and Damion Ratley to become players. They were our best shot, but now, it's a bonus if those guys hit. We always seemed to draft guys no one else valued in premium rounds, and we had to convince ourselves that we knew something the rest of the league didn't.

Now, we are loaded with players universally valued. We're more athletic than we've ever been, and that's not opinion, that's by the numbers. We're puppies, mixed with young vets, instead of no talent rookies with over the hill vets. That's a better roster makeup. Our premium positions are being focused on with our top resources: DE Myles Garrett, CB Denzel Ward, WR Jarvis Landry n Flash, QB Baker Steak and Lube. 

We hopefully have our Offensive pillars in Baker, Flash, Landry, Njoku, and Chubb. 

Baker is Aikman, Flash is Alvin Harper, Landry is elite possession WR Irvin, Njoku is athletic TE Novacek, and Chubb will be Emmitt but more Jamal Lewis than Emmitt.

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I don't think it's a collective delusion, but I understand the concern. Before, we'd be counting on guys like Simeon Thomas and Damion Ratley to become players. They were our best shot, but now, it's a bonus if those guys hit. We always seemed to draft guys no one else valued in premium rounds, and we had to convince ourselves that we knew something the rest of the league didn't.

Now, we are loaded with players universally valued. We're more athletic than we've ever been, and that's not opinion, that's by the numbers. We're puppies, mixed with young vets, instead of no talent rookies with over the hill vets. That's a better roster makeup. Our premium positions are being focused on with our top resources: DE Myles Garrett, CB Denzel Ward, WR Jarvis Landry n Flash, QB Baker Steak and Lube. 

We hopefully have our Offensive pillars in Baker, Flash, Landry, Njoku, and Chubb. 

Baker is Aikman, Flash is Alvin Harper, Landry is elite possession WR Irvin, Njoku is athletic TE Novacek, and Chubb will be Emmitt but more Jamal Lewis than Emmitt.

Hopefully. You hussy. 

31 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hopefully. You hussy. 

Or we lose, Jimmy fires everyone, hires new people to fail, and tear down the roster again. I have a massive coronary and drop dead of a stress induced fat attack, you Kiwi have a brain hemorrhage, @NudeTayne is committed to a mental health facility after he eats the face off some guy, and @bruceb stops drinking formaldehyde cocktails to live forever and let's the reaper piggyback him into that margarita sunset.

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Or we lose, Jimmy fires everyone, hires new people to fail, and tear down the roster again. I have a massive coronary and drop dead of a stress induced fat attack, you Kiwi have a brain hemorrhage, @NudeTayne is committed to a mental health facility after he eats the face off some guy, and @bruceb stops drinking formaldehyde cocktails to live forever and let's the reaper piggyback him into that margarita sunset.

that is a worse timeline. 

Can you try a superbowl timeline? It would make me happy/ 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

that is a worse timeline. 

Can you try a superbowl timeline? It would make me happy/ 

Superbowl timeline: oh, I get it, you wanna hear about the exploits of Big Game Baker and crew. I'll post a new thread today at some point with the story. Sounds fun. I gotta warn you, it doesn't bode well for Hue.

Archived