Supplemental Draft actually relevant??

Fatgerman

14 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Tutors help but if tests are a high percentage and you don't meet the standards to have help with your tests and just just can't grab a concept it is possible. The most likely reason is that they didn't go to college to play school.

Well a lot of them that don’t go to college to play school, pick majors where it should be easy for them to pass those test. 

Like others said, if you go to a college to play football and not school and you ended up not meeting academic qualifications to play, there are more underlying issues because those programs will do whatever it takes to get you on the field that is allowed by the ncaa. 

Also with a lot of those football majors. Pretty sure those classes get set up that as long as you do everything else besides pass the test, you could still end up passing the classes. Like they say C’s get degrees. If you show up, be respectful, do the work, and try, you should pass the class even if you bomb tests. If you don’t you either didn’t do squat or you have an a-hole teacher. 

I believe E.J. Gaines will play at a fine level #2 next to Denzel Ward, but I would spend a 3rd rounder on Sam Beal as insurance in case Gaines leaves in free agency. He could be a true #1 CB giving us an elite duo for 5-6 years.

I wouldn't give a 2nd round pick because we have top bid in 3rd anyway and I doubt too many teams will give a 2nd and I'd like to keep ammunition to be able to trade up for a Dlineman of our liking in this draft.

TheeRealDeal beat me to this post by 24 minutes.....I was saying that we still reap the benefits of Sashi Brown's maneuvering...teams don't like giving up 1rst and 2nd round picks in the supplemental draft for Non QB/Non LT.....so if we put in a third, another team has to put in a 2nd to beat us....and I doubt the do that.

The ultimate is if we could spend the additional 3rd since we already own an additional 3rd.....but they both would count as "our draft" position...

I am standing on the table pounding the walls for a 3rd on Beal....and a 4th on the FS from Miss St.,. I feel this would set our secondary for years to come. AND we would still head into next years draft with a full 7 selections our 1rst, 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th + Patriots 3rd and Jags 7th...so we would essentially be trading 4th for a 7th + Sam Beal and Brandon Bryant.....Secondary would be set for the next 5 seasons.

Also after reading that article again about the 17 for 17.....I still cant believe that the Bears got Rahard Fant as an UDFA.....he will be a top 5 slot CB in the league in the next 3 seasons....book it....him and the kid from Tulane (got drafted in the 6th) were my two favorite Slot CB's coming out last year...

If they are looking to add competition everywhere on the depth chart then Sam Beal would be a nice piece and worth taking a shot on with a 3rd. I think that puts them above where they envisioned the CB room looking like starting the off-season..

Ward, Gaines, Carrie, Beal, BBC, Thomas, Wilson. Nice mix of speed, size, and versatility to move guys around..

I think right now with the fact of where we're slotted at the top

and the fact we expect to be MUCH better this season 

you almost have to use one of these picks

you'll get so much better value. right now our Supplemental 3rd is the first one in the draft 

after the season hopefully it should be a mid third rounder

we need to take advantage of that slot and Beal is the perfect kind of player to get in this kind of position 

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

If they are looking to add competition everywhere on the depth chart then Sam Beal would be a nice piece and worth taking a shot on with a 3rd. I think that puts them above where they envisioned the CB room looking like starting the off-season..

Ward, Gaines, Carrie, Beal, BBC, Thomas, Wilson. Nice mix of speed, size, and versatility to move guys around..

I think Terrance Mitchell makes the roster before Wilson. Unfortunately, I think Wilson ends up cut by the season opener. His injury, which is still holding him out, has really dampened his status. And since this FO didn't draft him...you get the idea.

7 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I think Terrance Mitchell makes the roster before Wilson. Unfortunately, I think Wilson ends up cut by the season opener. His injury, which is still holding him out, has really dampened his status. And since this FO didn't draft him...you get the idea.

can't we put him on IR or Pup list?

I didnt think he'd be back this soon anyway

broken kneecap is as bad as it gets

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

can't we put him on IR or Pup list?

I didnt think he'd be back this soon anyway

broken kneecap is as bad as it gets

Hopefully that's an option but it depends on what the FO thinks of him.

23 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Hopefully that's an option but it depends on what the FO thinks of him.

It should be an option if he’s still hurt, can’t see why it wouldn’t be.

Cutting him without even watching him play would be hella dumb unless the injury is career ending.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cutting him without even watching him play would be hella dumb unless the injury is career ending.

The issue, as I see it, is that he might be "healthy" during training camp. They throw him out there, he's none too impressive, and he is among the cuts. Which is why I say it depends on what the FO thinks of him. If they had a good predraft eval on him, then they might be inclined to work to keep him. If they didn't, why would they delay what would be considered the inevitable to them?

Of course all options are on the table, but if no one believes in him upstairs.... again, you get the idea.

Now, if Andrew Berry pounds the table for him, maybe Dorsey listens. This is what happens when a new FO takes over. They didn't draft Wilson, so they don't have anything riding on him. But if they also liked him in that draft, might be a different story.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I didn't know you were from northern California too!

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

interesting thought just the fact we are talking about cutting him shows how much better we have gotten

Archived