BAL loses 2 OTA practices, Harbaugh and owner fined for OTA rules violation

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

"Ravens don’t have enough discipline to win a Super Bowl" [under Harbaugh]. Marvin Lewis is the reason the Ravens won the super bowl(s).

Precious.

Say what you want about Marvin Lewis as the Bengals head coach now, but is he not the defensive coordinator responsible for the defenses that won the Ravens a Super Bowl in 2000, (without Harbaugh), and then his players again early on with Harbaugh in 2013? I also mentioned Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, and Rex Ryan as key contributors in addition to Terrell Suggs but unsurprisingly you omitted that.??

7 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Say what you want about Marvin Lewis as the Bengals head coach now, but is he not the defensive coordinator responsible for the defenses that won the Ravens a Super Bowl in 2000, (without Harbaugh), and then his players again early on with Harbaugh in 2013? I also mentioned Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, and Rex Ryan as key contributors in addition to Terrell Suggs but unsurprisingly you omitted that.??

Personally, I think Marvin Lewis is underrated as the head coach of the Bengals. Most coaches would hace done much worse there.

But, he had nothing to do with the super bowl John Harbaugh won. 

John_Harbaugh_Lombardi_Trophy_Replicas_B

For what it’s worth @wackywabbit, in the last five years, Marvin Lewis, (46-34), has won more games than John Harbaugh, (40-40).

When Lewis inherited the Bengals in 2003, his first five years he went 42-38. The Bengals went 8-8, 8-8, 11-5, lost Carson Palmer to ACL injury for 2006 and went 8-8, then in 2007 went 7-9 with Palmer struggling to return from his injury. The Bengals in 2002 the year before they acquired Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer went 2-14 and were perpetual losers. Six winning seasons above .500 from 1968 to 2005. Think about that. Lewis won as many games in his first five years as head coach as the Bengals had in their eight previous seasons. With complete control, Lewis turned the Bengals around and had nearly as many wins in five season, (42-38), as the entire Bengals organization had in ten prior to his arrival, (47-113).

Since Harbaugh became head honcho in 2008, inheriting Lewis’ defense, Harbaugh’s record is: 94-66

Lewis from 2008-2017 in the same timeframe: 83-74-3

In terms of playoff success, the difference between the two coaches in fortunes is Harbaugh had Joe Flacco heave a Hail Mary that Rahim Moore misplayed in the AFC divisional round, (score: 12-6 OT), and Lewis had Carson Palmer tear his ACL in the first half of a Wild Card game against the Steelers, (score: 6-11). Everything else has been about equal thanks to Lewis’ great defensive coordinating for both teams.

25 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

But, he had nothing to do with the super bowl John Harbaugh won. 

That’s where I say those other people, (disciples of Marvin Lewis), really carried the Ravens. Since they left, (aside from Suggs), Harbaugh has shown his truly average coaching ability. As a head coach, I think Marvin Lewis is clearly well above average by NFL standards. As a defensive coordinator, I think he is one of the very best in the NFL all-time.

8 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

In terms of playoff success, the difference between the two coaches in fortunes is Harbaugh had Joe Flacco heave a Hail Mary that Rahim Moore misplayed in the AFC divisional round and Lewis had Carson Palmer tear his ACL in the first half against the Steelers. Everything else has been about equal thanks to Lewis’ great defensive coordinating.

Are you trolling now? John Harbaugh has 10 playoff wins. Averaging to a playoff victory for each season he's a head coach. And every time he's lost in the playoffs it's been a somewhat to extremely close result that you could blame on a single event like you did above.

Marvin Lewis has 0 playoff wins. 

And again, I respect Marvin Lewis as an HC more than almost anyone else.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Are you trolling now? John Harbaugh has 10 playoff wins. Averaging to a playoff victory for each season he's a head coach. And every time he's lost in the playoffs it's been a somewhat to extremely close result that you could blame on a single event like you did above.

Marvin Lewis has 0 playoff wins. 

And again, I respect Marvin Lewis as an HC more than almost anyone else.

Just saying Harbaugh is average as a head coach. Aside from that one Super Bowl run with Lewis’ guys where they got lucky against poor competition each game, Harbaugh hasn’t done anything significant in the playoffs. While I don’t hold Lewis blameless in the Bengals faults as an organization to win a playoff game, I don’t blame it all on Lewis going back to when they should have won their first in 2005 to the eventual Super Bowl champion Steelers.

@wackywabbit Again further illustrating my point about Harbaugh’s success being tied to Lewis’ defense, the Ravens haven’t won a playoff game in six years. Not since their lucky run against poor competition in 2012.

2011-If not for an early fumble by Jacoby Jones on a punt return, John Harbaugh nearly loses a home playoff game to the rookie TJ Yates of the Texans. Lewis’ defense does its job against the Texans and Patriots but still manages to lose in the divisional round.

Record 1-1

2010-Ravens beat an overmatched Chiefs team in the wildcard round that had gone 4-12 the year prior. Lose to the Steelers in the divisional round despite Lewis’ aging defense recovering two fumbles. Harbaugh’s team commits three turnovers itself.

Record 2-2

2009-Lewis’ defense dominates the Patriots in wildcard round, (Reed/Lewis/Suggs). Ravens offense struggles to pick up first downs all game until the fourth quarter thanks to Willis McGahee and Billick’s same offensive line. Ravens lose next game to the Colts by a score of 3-20.

Record 3-3

2008-Tom Brady ACL tear leads to Dolphins playing Ravens in wildcard round. Ed Reed scores a TD, BAL recovers a fumble inside the Dolphins twenty yard line which leads to another TD. The 13 other points scored by the Ravens are attributed to Willis McGahee and the dominant offensive line Brian Billick formed prior to leaving the Ravens. Ravens beat Dolphins 27-9 thanks to Lewis’ defense, (Reed/Suggs). Against the Titans in the divisionsional round, Ravens win 13-10 with an INT and two FR. Ravens lose the AFC championship 14-23. Offense was run through Billick’s offensive line and games were competitive thanks to Marvin Lewis’ defense. John Harbaugh improved nothing for the Ravens.

Record 5-4

6 hours ago, TomRalph said:

Fine the Ravens $1,000,000, dock them a 1st and 4th Round Pick and suspend Joe Flacco for 4 games.

CHEATERS

Why would you hurt the rest of the NFL by encouraging Joe Flacco to be benched, unless those games were "December Joe Flacco" games? I mean, suspending him in September is about the WORST thing that you could do...it would actually help Baltimore.

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Both, it would seem.

Well this isn’t the first time the Ravens have been penalized for practicing outside of the parameters set forth by the league.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-nfl-penalizes-ravens-for-violating-practice-rules-20160526-story.html

The Ravens don’t have enough discipline to win a Super Bowl and it’s a reflection of their mediocre head coach. The Ravens have one more win than loss in their last five seasons. Without the defense Marvin Lewis built for the Ravens starting in the mid-late nineties, Harbaugh has been average as those players and defensive philosophies have retired. The only thing that has been keeping John Harbauh afloat  since Marvin Lewis, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Haloti Naga, and Rex Ryan left is Terrell Suggs and to some extent Ozzie Newsome. Harbaugh hasn’t done squat with the offense and his team loses then complains about the rules. Have fun being no better than 9-7 if you play for a team influenced primarily by John Harbaugh as head coach. At least if you’re a player for him you can be happy you get to miss practices for breaking rules. It’s easy to rally around hating the league and Roger Goodell but it doesn’t make you a winner on the field.

Am I on Reddit or FootballsFuture? This is the single most hilariously trollish post I've ever seen on this site.

9 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

@wackywabbit Again further illustrating my point about Harbaugh’s success being tied to Lewis’ defense, the Ravens haven’t won a playoff game in six years. Not since their lucky run against poor competition in 2012.

JUST STOP ALREADY

Poor competition in 2012? Bro we beat the Colts, Manning-led Broncos and Brady-led Patriots and then the prime Kaepernick and Patrick Willis Niners....stop making a fool of yourself, this is so sad to watch.

Archived