BAL loses 2 OTA practices, Harbaugh and owner fined for OTA rules violation

Broncofan

2nd time they’ve been penalized in last 3 years    Harbaugh 50K and owner fined 100k.    Apparently for having contact in OTA’s.   

More noteworthy given 2nd violation.   Usually with the next one picks start getting docked.  

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

Genuinely curious, who enforces these kinds of rules? Does the NFL place a QA guy at every facility to monitor their offseason programs?

Not going to lie...I'd kind of want to have that job if that is the case. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Not going to lie...I'd kind of want to have that job if that is the case. 

QA in general is a great gig. I've been trying to get into it with a hotel chain.

They literally travel from hotel to hotel and eat free food and enjoy drinks at the bar. Here's your grade. Cakewalk. 

54 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

QA in general is a great gig. I've been trying to get into it with a hotel chain.

They literally travel from hotel to hotel and eat free food and enjoy drinks at the bar. Here's your grade. Cakewalk. 

And you know everyone is gonna kiss your *** the whole time.

This is a ridiculous rule. The whole team loses practices because one player gets too aggressive (i.e. made contact in pass coverage) in practice? Shouldn't the player be punished?

Doesn't mean much for the Ravens, but it sucks for guys trying make the team and stand out in OTAs.

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Breshad Perriman dropped a million passes and blamed the rookies for jamming him at the line probably.

Breshad Perriman has a roster bonus due on the third day of training camp. So, he has to prove by then that he is worth the $1.6M+ that he will cost to stay on the team, before that date. So, he's probably the most affected by these lost practices of literally anyone.

Case in point for why this type of punishment makes no sense. Unless the pass defense contact was his fault because he tripped and fell into a defender.

31 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

This is a ridiculous rule. The whole team loses practices because one player gets too aggressive (i.e. made contact in pass coverage) in practice? Shouldn't the player be punished?

Doesn't mean much for the Ravens, but it sucks for guys trying make the team and stand out in OTAs.

Sounds like it may have been the tie up with Tony Jefferson.

By all reports, Harbaugh was overheard asking him to let that ball be caught in the future to avoid injury in OTA.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

And you know everyone is gonna kiss your *** the whole time.

Most of these roles are more in the "secret shopper" variety, for the purpose of seeing if that *** kissing is actually how they treat a random customer.

Archived