Introduce Yourself

titans0021

2 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Name: Alex

City: Go Gata / Long Beach, CA

How many years have you been a fan?: Since 2003

Favorite Titans: McNair, Bironas, Finnegan, Kearse, Wycheck, George, Henry, Byard

Favorite genre of music: Anything with notes

Favorite Movies: Forrest Gump, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Gravity, Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowski

Happiest Titan Moment: Marcus Mariota catching his own touchdown pass in the playoffs 

Intended Career/Career: Was gonna be a professional musician, but that would like -- require venues to be open.

Random facts: Used to post here back when Vince Young was a thing. Bored in quarantine, off social media, love talking football. Let's do that! 

Hey now, this is the introduction thread.  Save this crap for the reintroduction thread.

• 1 month later...

since reintros seem to be in vogue here... :D

Name: -Hope-

City: Ann Arbor, MI

How many years have you been a fan?: 15 or 16? since around late mcnair era, 2004ish onwards. 

Favorite Titans: good memories of the stars from the 07-08 squads. keith bulluck, big al, finnegan. plenty of love for CJ2K, obviously steve and eddie, and then the new crop of studs like king henry and AJB

Favorite genre of music: too hard to pick just one, but i listen to a lot of emo revival, folk/alt-country, jazz, and hip hop.

Favorite Movies: hot rod, star wars original trilogy, and get out come to mind immediately

Happiest Titan Moment: maybe a little recency bias but the ravens game is extra special to me because prior to last year, 2008 was really the only year i've seen the titans be a really good team and of course we all know how that ended, so i'd been holding that grudge for awhile lol.

Intended Career/Career: doing a master's degree in environmental studies and about to sign my life away to academia and start applying to phds....wheeee

Random facts: i've taken up clawhammer banjo in the last couple of years and am having a blast with it!

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone.  So I've followed this Forum for upwards of 5+ years and finally decided to quit being a creeper and actually make a profile.  Please don't judge me too much.

Name: Tanner

City: Jackson, Tn

How many years have you been a fan?: 2002ish

Favorite Titans: Cortland Finnegan, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Dave Ball Sack, Michael Roos, Rob Bironas(Rip), Taylor Lewan, Aj, King Henry

Favorite genre of music: mostly rock

Favorite Movies: Coming to America, Almost Heros, Idiocracy

Happiest Titan Moment: Letting Jeff Fisher go

Intended Career/Career: Chef, Director of sales for the Jackson Country Club

Random facts: I like bourbons, weiner dogs, and playing deck building games.  My wife and I put on weddings for a living and decided to elope in Vegas, saving us thousanddddddddddds.  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, ChefTitan said:

Hey everyone.  So I've followed this Forum for upwards of 5+ years and finally decided to quit being a creeper and actually make a profile.  Please don't judge me too much.

Name: Tanner

City: Jackson, Tn

How many years have you been a fan?: 2002ish

Favorite Titans: Cortland Finnegan, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Dave Ball Sack, Michael Roos, Rob Bironas(Rip), Taylor Lewan, Aj, King Henry

Favorite genre of music: mostly rock

Favorite Movies: Coming to America, Almost Heros, Idiocracy

Happiest Titan Moment: Letting Jeff Fisher go

Intended Career/Career: Chef, Director of sales for the Jackson Country Club

Random facts: I like bourbons, weiner dogs, and playing deck building games.  My wife and I put on weddings for a living and decided to elope in Vegas, saving us thousanddddddddddds.  

KVB. Easily the most underrated Titan. 

What is life like as a chef? Is every meal at home an extravagant thing or is it take out because cooking is the last thing you want to do when you get home? 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:16 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

KVB. Easily the most underrated Titan. 

What is life like as a chef? Is every meal at home an extravagant thing or is it take out because cooking is the last thing you want to do when you get home? 

I love to cook.  I try to on my days off unless I'm building up my garden.  However, after a typical 12 hour + shift, that's the last thing on my mind.  I hope that it's not making me burnt out, but sometimes I wonder if this is something I can retire with.  I would love to have my own restaurant one day, but I also understand how I'm going to miss out on a lot of things in the field of work.  I work every holiday, almost every weekend....it sucks when your wife, family, and close friends don't have the same hours.  It's funny because I've had a few offers to go into food sales....Better benefits, 401k, more time off and similar pay... I'll probably look into it, because then I'll actually be home to cook more.  I'd rather cook for people I'm close with then slave away for in the kitchen for everyone else.  I can also do private dinners too.  I cooked one last week for 10 people.  5 course plus wine pairings for $135 per person.  It takes a special type of stupid to enjoy this line of work hahaha.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ChefTitan said:

I love to cook.  I try to on my days off unless I'm building up my garden.  However, after a typical 12 hour + shift, that's the last thing on my mind.  I hope that it's not making me burnt out, but sometimes I wonder if this is something I can retire with.  I would love to have my own restaurant one day, but I also understand how I'm going to miss out on a lot of things in the field of work.  I work every holiday, almost every weekend....it sucks when your wife, family, and close friends don't have the same hours.  It's funny because I've had a few offers to go into food sales....Better benefits, 401k, more time off and similar pay... I'll probably look into it, because then I'll actually be home to cook more.  I'd rather cook for people I'm close with then slave away for in the kitchen for everyone else.  I can also do private dinners too.  I cooked one last week for 10 people.  5 course plus wine pairings for $135 per person.  It takes a special type of stupid to enjoy this line of work hahaha.  

I feel your pain. I was in management in the hospitality industry when I was in my 20s and the hours killed me. No time for family, social life etc. 👊🏾

• 1 year later...

Hello all, I will go ahead and do one of these

City: now in Ann Arbor michigan, but grew up in Gallatin, TN

How many years have you been a fan?: the first season I really remember as a teenager was the 2008 season where we were 13-3 but sadly flamed out in the playoffs. I was a newbie just just Chris Johnson

Favorite Titans:  as a teenager: Chris Johnson by far 

As an adult: Derrick Henry

Must be a running back thing

Favorite genre of music: 

Danganronpa OST

Regina Spektor

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Dropkick Murpheys

Favorite Movies: 

Susperia (Dakota Johnson version)

Hereditary

Most of the A24 movies

You're Next

Happiest Titan Moment: 

Win over chiefs in playoffs 2017

Intended Career/Career: 

Graphic Designer

Random facts:

Danganronpa stan

Favorite characters

Kokichi

Byakuya

Ibuki

Nagito

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kokichi said:

Hello all, I will go ahead and do one of these

City: now in Ann Arbor michigan, but grew up in Gallatin, TN

How many years have you been a fan?: the first season I really remember as a teenager was the 2008 season where we were 13-3 but sadly flamed out in the playoffs. I was a newbie just just Chris Johnson

Favorite Titans:  as a teenager: Chris Johnson by far 

As an adult: Derrick Henry

Must be a running back thing

Favorite genre of music: 

Danganronpa OST

Regina Spektor

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Dropkick Murpheys

Favorite Movies: 

Susperia (Dakota Johnson version)

Hereditary

Most of the A24 movies