NFL Coaching Hot Seat

Scout

13 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Hue Jackson doesn't even make it past week 7.

I say week 4. John Dorsey is already grooming guys to bash Jackson via Twitter to justify a quick move. Interim coach is already in house with Todd Haley, so I wouldn't be shocked with a W1-W3 change.  

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

so I wouldn't be shocked with a W1-W3 change.  

Trying to remember the last time a HC got fired that early and am drawing a blank. Would be kinda crazy after an entire offseason work-up with Hue.

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

How long did Tomsula last in SF ?

He got the entire season and then was fired. Raiders fired Dennis Allen after starting 0-4 in 2014, I think both Scott Linehan and Lane Kiffin were fired 4 games in to 2008. Those three are the earliest coach firings I remember in any given year.

22 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

How long did Tomsula last in SF ?

As the actual head coach, he went the whole season. A couple of years before, he had the interim tag for one week when he coached the team in the season finale after Singletary was fired. 

23 hours ago, Danger said:

Adam Gase
Todd Bowles
Marvin Lewis
Hue Jackson
Bill O'Brien
Andy Reid*
Vance Joseph
Jason Garrett
Jay Gruden
Mike McCarthy*

*Would take them falling very short of expectations

Jim Harbaugh-Dolphins

David Shaw-Jets

Marvin Lewis-Bengals

John Harbaugh-Browns

James Bettcher-Texans

John DeFilippo-Chiefs

Vance Joseph-Broncos

Jason Garrett-Cowboys

Bill O'Brien-Redskins

Mike McCarthy-Packers

Josh McDaniels-Ravens

Potential NFL Head Coaches from NCAA: Mark Richt(Miami), Scott Frost(Nebraska), James Franklin(Penn State), Chris Petersen(Washington), Kirk Ferentz(Iowa), Bob Stoops(Oklahoma), Bret Bielema(Wisconsin), Kyle Whittingham(Utah), Matt Campbell(Iowa State)

On 6/7/2018 at 3:25 PM, Danger said:

Adam Gase
Todd Bowles
Marvin Lewis
Hue Jackson
Bill O'Brien
Andy Reid*
Vance Joseph
Jason Garrett
Jay Gruden
Mike McCarthy*

*Would take them falling very short of expectations

Isn’t Marvin retiring at the end of the year?

Dirk probably gets the axe if we don't make the playoffs this year. Unless we win like 10 games and miss out due to tiebreakers. And even then, maybe.

Then I have no idea which direction we'd go. We tried a player's coach with Raheem Morris and it didn't work. We tried for a college coach with discipline and Schiano didn't work out. We tried to go the retread route and Lovie was absolutely awful. We're currently trying the successful coordinator route with mixed results. Failure would take us back to square.

It's been a real treat to watch since Gruden.

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Dabo Swinney makes more sense. 

Great choice, but I thought he would stay in college. I guess at 48 years old and having had sustained success only coaching for two schools, he could be a real candidate for the NFL. Is there any connection between Swinney and the Texans that makes him a better choice?

I figured Bettcher is a solid choice for his 34 experience on defense and if they're going to re-sign Jadaveon Clowney then it would be a logical fit. If O'Brien is fired, which is very possible at the end of this season, then Romeo Crennel could also retire or leave or be fired too as he is somewhat connected to O'Brien through the Patriots and is 70 years old. JJ Watt is slowing down due to age and injuries so a defensive guy like Bettcher opposed to an offensiveguy like Swinney makes sense and is a bigger need assuming DeShaun Watson has progressed enough already. I think that Watson can excel regardless of system. I think Watson is the greatest quarterback prospect in the last twenty years and possibly top five all time with Steve Young, Dan Marino, John Elway and Peyton Manning. Watson doesn't need Swinney to succeed and the Texans already have the receiver talent developed in Will Fuller and DeAndre Hopkins that Swinney is known for, (more than QB development).

Archived