NFL Coaching Hot Seat

Scout

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:
On 6/11/2018 at 3:14 PM, Nabbs4u said:

The Eagles could go 0-16 and Pedersons job is secure. Only a Criminal act / Scandal would put his job in jeopardy. Not sure why you mentioned him?

I was just stating a couple of coaches that wouldn't get changed. 

Gotcha. Then I'll add

McVay, (Carroll, Belicheck), Zimmer, Payton, Quinn, McDermott and Marrone 

To the obvious list. With Only retirement possibly effecting Carroll/Belicheck

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:
5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

McDermott

If the Bills were to end up with the first overall pick or close to it, I wouldn't expect McDermott to be safe.

Considering he's the first HC in Buffalo to make the Playoffs in what 17-18 years, even that's questiontionable. For them to get the #1 pick I'd assume a whole slew of catastrophic injuries to key players as the cause. Not coaching.

TBH you can make that statement to whole lot of HC.

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

For them to get the #1 pick I'd assume a whole slew of catastrophic injuries to key players as the cause. Not coaching.

Tbh, they don't have a very strong roster so I'm not expecting them to be very good anyways. Their playoff berth was at 9-7, (2-6 in one score games), after consecutive division losses to the Dolphins and Jets at the end of the regular season. Replace Tyrod Taylor with AJ McCarron/Nathan Peterman/Josh Allen in his rookie season and I think they are already at a disadvantage heading into 2018.

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

TBH you can make that statement to whole lot of HC.

Very true, but the difference is I think it is more likely with the Bills than those teams you listed with "safe" head coaches, (Patriots/Steelers/Eagles/Saints/Vikings/Rams/Seahawks/Falcons/et cetera).

No seat is hotter than Hue Jackson's. I think we win in spite of him this year as he is now basically just a "face" for the coaching positions, as we have two experienced and well-respected coordinators. He sucks, but his suckitude won't be on display this season as his coordinators will override his hilariously bad input.

13 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

No seat is hotter than Hue Jackson's. I think we win in spite of him this year as he is now basically just a "face" for the coaching positions, as we have two experienced and well-respected coordinators. He sucks, but his suckitude won't be on display this season as his coordinators will override his hilariously bad input.

Curious: Would Browns fans want either of those coordinators as HC next year ?

I'm guessing it would be a very attractive job opening in 2019

John Harbaugh, Hue Jackson, Jay Gruden and Dirk Koetter.  

I would love to say Andy Reid because I personally don't believe he's done all that good of a job here in KC (despite winning 10+ games in 4 of the 5 years)...to me, he's just like Chuck Knox and Marty Schottenheimer...good enough of a coach to compete most years, but not good enough to ever get you to the top of the mountain...and I don't see them getting to it this year either because that defense just doesn't impress me and the QB is still a greenhorn.  But, unless they completely fall off (which won't happen because he's still a good enough coach to not let that happen), he'll be around for at least another 3 years or so.  

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Curious: Would Browns fans want either of those coordinators as HC next year ?

I'm guessing it would be a very attractive job opening in 2019

I'd be fine with that happening. However everyone will be fired if we underperform and Hue gets canned.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:17 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Gotcha. Then I'll add

McVay, (Carroll, Belicheck), Zimmer, Payton, Quinn, McDermott and Marrone 

To the obvious list. With Only retirement possibly effecting Carroll/Belicheck

If the Seahawks have a poor season you don' think Carroll couldn't be on the hot seat?

Archived