Browns (John DeFilippo)

Ravens (Kirk Ferentz)

Bills (Brian Daboll)

Titans (Matt LaFleur)

Lions (James Franklin)

Cowboys (James Bettcher)

Redskins (Teryl Austin)

If Jason Garrett is fired he would be replaced by Kris Richards 

Bowles job will be safe barring anything less than 5 wins I think.

The performance of the defense should be a huge deciding factor in whether or not to retain him IMO. But if he doesn’t have the Jets clearly looking like a team on the rise after this year then he’s gotta go.

The coaches currently on the pyre and *those standing in line awaiting a down year:

Hugh Jackson

Pete Carroll*

Bill O'Brien*

Adam Gase*

Todd Bowles

Dirk Koetter

Jay Gruden

Mike McCarthy*

Jason Garrett

John Harbaugh

If Carroll, O'Brien, or McCarthy have 9 or more losses, I don't think they're guaranteed to keep their jobs at this point. Harbaugh, Garrett, and Gruden probably require solid playoff runs. Bowles needs improvement, but I don't think he gets canned for 7-9. Gase needs to have a good year but I don't think he's gone short of 5-11. Jackson and Koetter are practically dead men walking at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 7:07 PM, ronjon1990 said:

The coaches currently on the pyre and *those standing in line awaiting a down year:

Hugh Jackson

Pete Carroll*

Bill O'Brien*

Adam Gase*

Todd Bowles

Dirk Koetter

Jay Gruden

Mike McCarthy*

Jason Garrett

John Harbaugh

If Carroll, O'Brien, or McCarthy have 9 or more losses, I don't think they're guaranteed to keep their jobs at this point. Harbaugh, Garrett, and Gruden probably require solid playoff runs. Bowles needs improvement, but I don't think he gets canned for 7-9. Gase needs to have a good year but I don't think he's gone short of 5-11. Jackson and Koetter are practically dead men walking at this point. 

Vance Joseph is very much on the hot seat. John Elway had to "sleep on it" (his words) last year about retaining him after one season. Many in these parts are saying that if Denver fails to make the playoffs he could be gone. I think it's anything but a winning record and he's gone, 8-8 can save him if we're competitive. 

I also think Bill O'Brien is safe. McNair is a pretty patient owner and O'Brien is pretty well regarded in league circles. 

On 7/5/2018 at 2:18 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Vance Joseph is very much on the hot seat. John Elway had to "sleep on it" (his words) last year about retaining him after one season. Many in these parts are saying that if Denver fails to make the playoffs he could be gone. I think it's anything but a winning record and he's gone, 8-8 can save him if we're competitive. 

I also think Bill O'Brien is safe. McNair is a pretty patient owner and O'Brien is pretty well regarded in league circles. 

VJ didn't come to mind, actually.

But I have Denver making a deep run this year, so I kind of overlooked it. 

On 7/5/2018 at 2:18 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

I agree on this take. I think OB was given a mulligan on last season, given the rash of injuries to key guys. The friction between GM and HC was resolved with Rick Smith resigning in favor of Brian Gaine, a new strength and training regime was brought in to better condition the team - OB will be given time, but another string of 9-7 runs won't exactly build him up to Bob McNair. 

Archived