Duke Johnson - Contract Extension

ReggieCamp

13 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

He came to the right team then cuz we gotz the benjis.

No, he signed with the Chargers a couple years ago.

I like to tell the ladies that it's all about the Washingtons but they never seem interested.

Low risk signing on both ends. 

I actually think the deal makes sense plenty for Duke. Even if he exploded this year, he’s looking at about that type of value in FA, as a change of pace guy. At the same time, injuries or getting lost in the shuffle in a contract year would cripple his value. 

Glad to keep him around.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Bad contract for Duke imo.

Still the 9th highest paid (annual average) RB in the NFL which seems fair since he hasn't ever been a top 10 RB. If you compare his contract to Jerick McKinnon it was a bad contract, pretty much any other RB and it was a good contract for him.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Still the 9th highest paid (annual average) RB in the NFL which seems fair since he hasn't ever been a top 10 RB. If you compare his contract to Jerick McKinnon it was a bad contract, pretty much any other RB and it was a good contract for him.

McKinnon was over paid unless they expect him to explode. SAN Fran is going into cap hell the way they are going. 

Overpayig at rb,fb and qb if Jimmy does t sustain his current pace. 

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Low risk signing on both ends. 

I actually think the deal makes sense plenty for Duke. Even if he exploded this year, he’s looking at about that type of value in FA, as a change of pace guy. At the same time, injuries or getting lost in the shuffle in a contract year would cripple his value. 

Glad to keep him around.

I’d sign the contract if I was Duke also, if you can get your hands on that coin as a rb you take it. I just thought he was worth more for his level of production. 

If there is an upturn in the rb market and Duke explodes the he can probably get an extension year two of his contract.

In 2009, we signed Jerome Harrison to a one-year "extension".  A month into the following season, we traded him to Detroit.  That was the only other time since The Return that we signed a RB that we drafted to a 2nd contract.

Before Harrison, the last RB drafted by the Browns that we gave a 2nd contract to was.... Leroy Hoard (drafted in 1990).

We R TeH DraFT KINGZ.

Archived