Owens declines HoF Ceremony Invitation

WizardHawk

I really don't have a problem with it. Seems a little childish because I never give TO the benefit of the doubt (he cries for HOF validation for years, which he rightfully earned, but now that he's got it, he's basically saying he doesn't need or want it, in my opinion. That may not be what he's doing, but again, sort of lost the benefit of the doubt that there is some benevolent reasoning behind this), but I would get the appeal of maybe having it up on the big screen, having a big HOF gathering at some place with family and friends (and hey, maybe even willingly paying participants / fans) to celebrate with. 

TO is all about TO, that never changes and he's quite good at it

He's not about following orders, acquiescing to authority or honoring anything but his own face in the mirror. What the HOF should do is put his bust in a separate children's room away from all the other adult members.

That way he can sit in a corner and pout for all eternity.... :D

As an introverted person I can see the appeal in doing your own thing with your close family and friends for special events...

But this is the damn Hall of Fame, and you're being inducted... There are a lot of guys who waited decades for their name to be called, but it came too late,  or after their time had passed, or it just never happened. 

This is the pinnacle achievement of your career, I couldn't imagine not being there to enjoy it. It's completely his decision though and quite frankly, I don't really care what the hell TO is doing.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really don't have a problem with it. Seems a little childish because I never give TO the benefit of the doubt (he cries for HOF validation for years, which he rightfully earned, but now that he's got it, he's basically saying he doesn't need or want it, in my opinion. That may not be what he's doing, but again, sort of lost the benefit of the doubt that there is some benevolent reasoning behind this), but I would get the appeal of maybe having it up on the big screen, having a big HOF gathering at some place with family and friends (and hey, maybe even willingly paying participants / fans) to celebrate with. 

Sure that could be argued - but I’m getting a funny feeling it will instead involve some telemedia presence and paying fans / entertainment venue.   With autographed Sharpie and Pom Pom giveaways.  

Either way no matter what he chooses as the alternate venue we can definitely say TO went out his way here lol.  

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can see being pissed. The HOF stuck their nose up at him.

By making him a finalist in every year of eligibility and letting him in on the third attempt?

Marvin Harrison had to wait three years too. 

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

By making him a finalist in every year of eligibility and letting him in on the third attempt?

Marvin Harrison had to wait three years too. 

TO is better than Marvin Harrison and has a strong argument for being the third best at his position ever.

Archived