Owens declines HoF Ceremony Invitation

WizardHawk

On 6/9/2018 at 6:54 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kramer was a borderline HOF. Owens was not. 

Kramer should be grateful to finally get in. He wasn't a first ballot caliber player. He wasn't even a clear HOF level player. 

I don't even know how to respond to that. The Packers sweep was a huge part of their success, and Kramer was a very big part of that. To say borderline is ridiculous. 

On 6/9/2018 at 7:30 PM, NFLExpert49 said:

Did Jerry Kramer have his character repeatedly attacked for more than a decade by a bunch of liars who decided he was a villain solely because of some harmless TD celebrations? 

So the police coming to his house because the "suicide attempt". His **** talking of McNabb, the push ups in the drive way, I mean it goes on man. I don't think this is just about the TD celebrations. 

11 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I don't even know how to respond to that. The Packers sweep was a huge part of their success, and Kramer was a very big part of that. To say borderline is ridiculous. 

When a guy's argument rests on team success first and foremost, he shouldn't be a HOF. Even offensive lineman.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When a guy's argument rests on team success first and foremost, he shouldn't be a HOF. Even offensive lineman.

The trenches is where football is won. Sorry you don't understand that. That actually makes football by definition, a team game.

2 hours ago, Toddfather said:

He was rated the best guard of all time at one point in time and was on the all century team, Kramer was as good of a guard as there ever was. It was a numbers game because Packers were so great that so many players from that team already got into the hof and guards generally aren't considered a prime position to success. Owens is a d-bag.

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, that was the exact point that was made. Learn to read.

No need to be rude. I simply am saying that being a great part of a team game doesn't make you borderline HOF. Kramer is an easy HOF candidate. After all he was part of one of the greatest o-lines in history. 

My whole point was Owens needs to grow up, not that he doesn't belong. You hijacked this into one belongs so he can be upset, and the other doesn't so his show of maturity doesn't matter. These are both HOF players, and both worthy of the selection. Owens maybe should of been 1st ballot, and at one time Kramer probably deserved to go in a long time ago. End of the day, both of those didn't happen. So one is throwing a fit (which has been a part of his whole career) and the other is moving forward and taking the honor for what it is. That is what is happening here, and once again, T.O. is showing the person he really is. 

3 hours ago, Toddfather said:

No need to be rude. I simply am saying that being a great part of a team game doesn't make you borderline HOF. Kramer is an easy HOF candidate. After all he was part of one of the greatest o-lines in history. 

My whole point was Owens needs to grow up, not that he doesn't belong. You hijacked this into one belongs so he can be upset, and the other doesn't so his show of maturity doesn't matter. These are both HOF players, and both worthy of the selection. Owens maybe should of been 1st ballot, and at one time Kramer probably deserved to go in a long time ago. End of the day, both of those didn't happen. So one is throwing a fit (which has been a part of his whole career) and the other is moving forward and taking the honor for what it is. That is what is happening here, and once again, T.O. is showing the person he really is. 

Would you say that La'el Collins is an easy HOF candidate? After all he was part of one of the greatest Olines in history.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Kramer did deserve to go into the hall of fame a decade ago. You don't see the difference between a guy being asked to wait thirty years as opposed to twenty years because the team he was on already has half it's members in the HOF and a guy who wasn't awarded first ballot because the media didn't like showy TD celebrations. The same celebrations that we spent the last season being so damn happy are back.

The only reason anyone would think worse of Kramer for not showing up at the HOF ceremony is that he's spent the last decade complaining to anyone and everyone that it's not fair he isn't in the HOF. If he hadn't been doing that and decided to give the HOF committee the finger by not showing up, nobody would think worse of him for it.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:54 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kramer was a borderline HOF. Owens was not. 

Kramer should be grateful to finally get in. He wasn't a first ballot caliber player. He wasn't even a clear HOF level player. 

Kramer was actually on the 50th anniversary team if I remember correctly. I think for a long time he was the only one that wasn't inducted. 

On 6/11/2018 at 5:24 PM, NFLExpert49 said:

Terrell Owens lived off grilled chicken and egg whites during the season while other players were going out drinking. 

I'm not really sure what that has to do with his being inducted in the Hall of Fame.  Going to another sport, you can look at Babe Ruth, one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) baseball players of all time.  He wasn't exactly a poster boy for health and fitness, but it didn't really matter.

On 6/12/2018 at 1:06 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

The voters are “journalists”. Journalists are the most self important people in the world. They think everyone is obligated to get in front of them and answer their questions anytime they want and they get extremely butt hurt if you refuse 

Sorry, but a simple stroll through Twitter proves this take wrong.  Not that journalists aren't self-important, but they pale in comparison to the average Joe Nobody who thinks that because Twitter gives him a platform he's suddenly Plato or Socrates.

40 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm not really sure what that has to do with his being inducted in the Hall of Fame.  Going to another sport, you can look at Babe Ruth, one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) baseball players of all time.  He wasn't exactly a poster boy for health and fitness, but it didn't really matter.

I think it's to say TO was a professional. But tbh with you TO easily could have been doing that just because he liked being able to show off his abs (and thousands of people have diets like that in their personal life for similar reasons). He certainly wasn't a professional in his locker room. Jerry Rice was a professional. He only cared about working every day. He was a locker room leader. He didn't try to be a distraction for his teams. He tried to focus his team towards winning. 

Just now, The LBC said:

Sorry, but a simple stroll through Twitter proves this take wrong.  Not that journalists are self-important, but they pale in comparison to the average Joe Nobody who thinks that because Twitter gives him a platform he's suddenly Plato or Socrates.

This too. I like how the complaint is essentially "journalists get really upset when players impede in their ability to do their job because they don't feel like answering questions for whatever reason on a given day". That's like saying players are self important because they get upset at refs missing calls and impeding in their ability to do their job. What jerks. 

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Sorry, but a simple stroll through Twitter proves this take wrong.  Not that journalists aren't self-important, but they pale in comparison to the average Joe Nobody who thinks that because Twitter gives him a platform he's suddenly Plato or Socrates.

That's why I'm different. I only think I'm Epictetus.

Archived