• Clemson
    • Ohio State
    • Auburn
    • Alabama
    • Michigan
    • Mississippi State
    • Other

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I think that it's clearly Clemson with three potential 1st rounders coming back in 2018. OSU could have 2 Top 5 picks at DE in Bosa and Young with a good interior DL.

Dre'Mont Jones is a first rounder as well. Clemson probably has the better starting front 4 but from top to bottom a lot closer IMO

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Dre'Mont Jones is a first rounder as well. Clemson probably has the better starting front 4 but from top to bottom a lot closer IMO

I like Dre'Mont as well, and he's excelled as a DT. Like you said, if you take depth into consideration, OSU makes it VERY close...but those interior DL for Clemson who also have studs on the edge put them ahead IMO. Even with Landers as the other DT (He was a nightmare to coach again in HS) I'd give Clemson the edge.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I like Dre'Mont as well, and he's excelled as a DT. Like you said, if you take depth into consideration, OSU makes it VERY close...but those interior DL for Clemson who also have studs on the edge put them ahead IMO. Even with Landers as the other DT (He was a nightmare to coach again in HS) I'd give Clemson the edge.

Yeah, their DTs put them over the top but look at the DT group behind Jones and Landers. Antwaun Jackson, Taron Vincent, Haskil Garrett, Tommy Togai, Malik Barrow, Devon Hamilton, Tyler Friday and Jerron Cage, pretty much all studs, I may be wrong but I'm not sure Clemson has that many quality DTs on their roster.

Also I think Wyoming has a really nice sleeper group with Granderson and Youhanna

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, their DTs put them over the top but look at the DT group behind Jones and Landers. Antwaun Jackson, Taron Vincent, Haskil Garrett, Tommy Togai, Malik Barrow, Devon Hamilton, Tyler Friday and Jerron Cage, pretty much all studs, I may be wrong but I'm not sure Clemson has that many quality DTs on their roster.

I love the way Larry Johnson utilizes his depth/rotation. It doesn't make for sexy numbers, but fresh legs and personnel packages makes for a nightmare for other teams and coaching staffs.

We have depth as well. Albert Huggins would start basically anywhere else. Pinckney is also very good. Have a lot of very good young pass rushers. We lost 4/5* Josh Belk after one semester because he wasn’t going to see the field this year due to depth. 

Have to go Clemson. Unreal that those top 3 guys all hung around another year. OSU is right there. Both teams have three future 1sts starting on their lines. Bosa is the best of the bunch. As far as experience and production as a unit though, Clemson probably has 2,3, and 4 in this debate though. Unreal year for dline prospects. 

On 6/10/2018 at 2:55 AM, NateDawg said:

Have to go Clemson. Unreal that those top 3 guys all hung around another year. OSU is right there. Both teams have three future 1sts starting on their lines. Bosa is the best of the bunch. As far as experience and production as a unit though, Clemson probably has 2,3, and 4 in this debate though. Unreal year for dline prospects. 

Idk I think tOSU might have #1 and #4 overall if you rank the top5 with Clemson having 2,3, and 5

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, we're gonna have to revisit this one. I'll put Bosa, Chase Young, Dre'Mont Jones and Robert Landry up against ANYBODY in the country

OSU is as good as Clemson with their DEs but I think Clemson’s tougher at DT and has more depth in their regular DL rotation. Bosa is fairly easily the best pass rusher of anyone, and you could argue Young is 2nd between the two schools. As a whole though, I still think it’s hard to go against that Clemson experience. OSU hasn’t really faced a test yet and should next week. Obviously, A&M isn’t a premiere team, so Clemson was shaky tonight, but we’ve seen that with them in the early season before. Definitely your two best in the country on the DL though. 

Archived