The Travel Thread

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Any recommendations for stuff to see/do/eat during a short trip to Philadelphia?  There for a wedding in June and I've never been north of the Mason-Dixon.

I actually saw this really interesting documentary about the Philadelphia area a little while ago. It points out a bunch of interesting spots to visit. I think it really gives you a good feel of what the city is all about and what you can expect.

• Like 3

On 3/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, Daniel said:

Any recommendations for stuff to see/do/eat during a short trip to Philadelphia?  There for a wedding in June and I've never been north of the Mason-Dixon.

If you're going to Philly, you obviously gotta eat a Philly Cheesesteak. Skip the overrated Pats and Genos, my personal recommendation is https://www.jimssouthstreet.com/

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, VikeManDan said:

Thinking about a trip to Reykjavik in early May, two buddies have booked flights already.

Has anyone been? 

I spent a day in Reykjavik. Pretty cool town. Iceland is definitely expensive though.

If you like sushi, go to Fiskmarkaðurinn. One of the best meals I've ever had.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, VikeManDan said:

Thinking about a trip to Reykjavik in early May, two buddies have booked flights already.

Has anyone been? 

If you go, let us know how it goes. It's actually on the short list of places to travel to for my gf and I on our next big trip. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 2:54 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

If you're going to Philly, you obviously gotta eat a Philly Cheesesteak. Skip the overrated Pats and Genos, my personal recommendation is https://www.jimssouthstreet.com/

hmmm... the birth city of our nation's liberty and freedom, filled with critically important history, and you suggest a sandwhich...

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, VikeManDan said:

Has anyone been? 

I went in September for a little over a week with my girlfriend. We did the Ring Road and finished in Reykjavik for a couple of nights. Highly, highly recommend. I have a Google My Maps I can share if you're interested.