The Travel Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2019 at 4:28 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Going to be seeing quite a bit of Canada next summer. Friends getting married in Vancouver, Halifax, and.... Brandon, Manitoba. 

Don't forget to go to all of the good bars in Halifax while you're there.  There's a ton of wicked stuff in walking distance to see too, if you're staying downtown.

Good luck in Brandon tho.  It's got it's own...uh...wheaty charm.  Not exactly the place to appreciate on a quick weekend or whatever though.  Though if you're way outside town, you'll probably get a good time.  Nature is right there.

15 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Been hanging out in Korea for the week. Loved Seoul and Busan, but gotta admit that Chinese folk are so much more friendly than the Koreans. 

Part of my heart will forever be in Seoul.

I will say, I don't blame Koreans for their coldness, considering the education, academy, company culture there. Life is a grueling slog. Maybe because I grew up within the Seattle "Chill" I felt comfortable in that environment. That being, after a few bottles of soju, it was easy to make new BFF's with the locals. 

12 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Part of my heart will forever be in Seoul.

I will say, I don't blame Koreans for their coldness, considering the education, academy, company culture there. Life is a grueling slog. Maybe because I grew up within the Seattle "Chill" I felt comfortable in that environment. That being, after a few bottles of soju, it was easy to make new BFF's with the locals. 

Having taught in international schools in Asia with a ton of Korean kids the last 5 years, I can see the stress now that makes them that way. School all day, math lessons 4 days a week for 3 hours after school, music lessons for 6 hours Saturday and Sunday, and then not allowed to have an A-. It’s brutal, but damn them old ladies at the subway throwing elbows or on the streets. Thought me and granny would have to have words, not that she’d understand. 

13 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Having taught in international schools in Asia with a ton of Korean kids the last 5 years, I can see the stress now that makes them that way. School all day, math lessons 4 days a week for 3 hours after school, music lessons for 6 hours Saturday and Sunday, and then not allowed to have an A-. It’s brutal, but damn them old ladies at the subway throwing elbows or on the streets. Thought me and granny would have to have words, not that she’d understand

Ajumma's take no ish. Absolutely ruthless in tight spaces. 

5 countries i really want to visit (in order) are 

1. Japan

2. South Korea

3. Argentina

4. Colombia 

5. Thailand 

I've gota save for it, but i hope i can hit all 5 in the next 3 years. I'd also like to do a little European tour of Germany/Switzerland/Prague/Vienna, as well as China and Australia, but those aren't high on my list. 

I'm thinking of doing Colombia in February, for a little winter escape.