The Travel Thread

So Im moving back stateside in mid-August and going to knock out some last vacation places.

1. Bangkok [Next week]

2. Singapore

3. Ha Long Bay

Then Ill be leaving Hanoi to..

4. Shanghai

5. Osaka [Round 2, love this place; Going to spend most days in Kobe-Himeji etc]

6. Tokyo [Round 2]

Then back to the US. 

Any recommendation for things to do or eat in those places 

On 6/8/2018 at 11:04 AM, BayRaider said:

So who has been where? And what trips do you have lined up?

My first out of country trip was last January. Went to Cebu, Philippines. 

My next out of country trip will be a combination of Prague, Czech Republic and Wroclaw, Poland in September. Followed by Japan in January. 

Countries on my to do list after these trips:

- Bilbao and Barcelona, Spain

- Rome and Venice, Italy

- Innsbruk and Salzburg, Austria

- Ghent, Bruge, and Brussels, Belgium

- Seoul, South Korea

- Hong Kong

- Dublin, Ireland

I've been to Rome, Bruge and Brussels if you have questions.

On 6/23/2018 at 7:02 PM, mission27 said:

Any city for sure.  Uber google maps etc

Btw, anyone else use maps.me?  Great app IMO.  Can download offline maps for most cities.  The key benefit I get from it though, is that even with my phone in airplane mode, it tracks where I am on the map.  So I never need to use data when I'm traveling these days (As long as where I'm staying has wifi)...

Anyone ever been down around the Los Olas area of Fort Lauderdale beach? Going to be down there for work on Friday and staying overnight Thursday night. Keep jumping back and forth among places to eat at. Looks like I can find a couple spots to drink but they don't look like the best spots to eat lol.

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Anyone ever been down around the Los Olas area of Fort Lauderdale beach? Going to be down there for work on Friday and staying overnight Thursday night. Keep jumping back and forth among places to eat at. Looks like I can find a couple spots to drink but they don't look like the best spots to eat lol.

In south Florida look for Cuban restaurants, you can’t go wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

What are you into? Spent a ton of time down that way. Lots of ritzy restaurants and clubs. How much time will you have? 

Honestly, when it comes to food, I'll try anything. I'm not a shirt a tie guy if you get what I'm saying.  I was thinking local cuisine like Cuban was suggested but I'm not limited to that. Usually when I travel, I find a place with some good prime rib. I'll have a beer at dinner but figured I'd walk that strip later for some margaritas or something like that.

Edit: let me note I do not want to travel lol. Someplace close is ideal. I'm not big on driving around big cities I'm not familiar with. I was thinking on Ubering to where Los Alos dead ends into A1 then just getting out and walking around

Edited by JTagg7754