Non qb that would help us most

OrangeNBlue86

1a. RT Lane Johnson
1b. TE Rob Gronkowski

3. CB Jalen Ramsey

Really close between Johnson and Gronkowski, but RT play has just killed the team for so many years and the team has already taken steps to find receiving options outside of DT and Sanders. Also considered Ramsey because I expect Brock to be the biggest liability on defense, but this team needs more offensive talent. 

If it was just talent, Lane Johnson is hands down the best RT around.   But he's also expensive.    For that reason I'd go with a theme from last year - T Ryan Ramczyk.  Being cheap for 4 more years and being a top 10 T is a huge benefit, with the bonus that Ramczyk showed he can play LT as well.  

An elite TE would be a huge difference maker for us, Ertz is a great player - but he's just as expensive as Travis Kelce, who's an amazing blocker along with being the top non-Gronk TE (with Ertz).    

The 3rd idea goes along with the above - it's not clear if we have a shutdown CB other than Harris anymore.  Repeating the theme - CB Marshon Lattimore, at his rookie deal, and 4 more years of it, would be amazing for us to reestablish a 2015-level for our D.

Finally, while the position is the most disposable, given he went in Rd3, and the franchise tag is uber affordable, upgrading our RB with a true home run threat cheaply is huge.   In this case, Alvin Kamara's versatility and surprising running skills in traffic (that balance and ability to shed tackles was what no one saw coming to this level, even NO, although they get credit for targeting him soonest - otherwise he wouldn't have fallen to Rd3).

If we had 1 impact non-QB guy to get, we for sure would want a difference maker - but pretty much almost every spot above except TE (because they take so long to develop) involves having a cheap rookie contract guy with top 10 production, because our cap situation for 2019+ is so bad, given the holes we still have for then, even if our 2018 draft produces 4+ starters for Week 1 then (which is still no lock, despite how good things look on paper).   FWIW if it was QB, I'd want one of the cheap rookie contract guys for the same reasoning, but the effect is even more dramatic value-wise.    It underlines why the draft is so crucial to maintaining success for the whole roster (not just QB), and explains a lot why we are in our current mediocre-to-bad team situation (yes 2018 draft helps, but we still need help all the way around) with cap hell coming. 

I was thinking zack Martin. Todd gurley or kamara would help a ton. Didn’t think of l. Johnson but he would be a good pick. 

On d, would a guy like keuchly or another dominant inside backer make everyone better?

i might pick Antonio brown just because he’s the best offensive weapon on the game even though we isn’t our mot pressing weakness. 

33 minutes ago, OrangeNBlue86 said:

I was thinking zack Martin. Todd gurley or kamara would help a ton. Didn’t think of l. Johnson but he would be a good pick. 

On d, would a guy like keuchly or another dominant inside backer make everyone better?

i might pick Antonio brown just because he’s the best offensive weapon on the game even though we isn’t our mot pressing weakness. 

They are all great players.  But they also all cost a ton at the top of the market rates.   That doesn’t make us as good if we have to cut other guys.  I get it’s a hypothetical but even in those scenarios you have to make the cap work.   

I think I changed my mind I think an interior d lineman would gelp the most like a Vae or a guy who can fill the Malik roll. A better question is which position is supposed to be upgraded that you just don't buy . I say Walker I'm not sold on him 

5 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Someone whom could help cover TEs and RBs in the passing game would be my wish.

Hopefully Cravens fills that role.  He was top 5 in the NFL in coverage statistics from ILB as a rookie.  We will see if the commitment is there.  Loved that Cravens addition by Elway, if he’s right and ready it fills a huge weakness defensively.

On 6/16/2018 at 4:12 PM, germ-x said:

Hopefully Cravens fills that role.  He was top 5 in the NFL in coverage statistics from ILB as a rookie.  We will see if the commitment is there.  Loved that Cravens addition by Elway, if he’s right and ready it fills a huge weakness defensively.

I agree. If Cravens can be the player we think he can be, trading for him might have been Elway's best move this offseason. 

Archived