Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

With the offseason officially upon us I think a thread of where free agents end up (and for how much) is also upon us. Obviously Lebron leads the excitement on this offseason, but there are many others that should be talked about as well. I for one am curious about Jabari Parker and Boston's Marcus Smart. Here is ESPN list of all the free agents coming up. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20229609/nba-free-agents-2018-2019

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

with Dwight Howard about to be bought out, who signs him?Bucks could use him IMO. Cleveland?

Better have a really strong locker room if you add him. Reports were Charlotte got sick of his antics, and I believe it was the same story in Atlanta. Harden had enough of him in Houston and went to the front office to get him off the team, and he couldn’t play with Kobe because he’s a mental midget and isn’t about winning as much as he is clowning. Let’s also not forget that super cringe interview with Stan Van in Orlando where he put his arm around him and pretended like he didn’t know Stan and the rest of the reporters knew he was trying to get him fired. All the meanwhile he is always asking, “ why me?” when teams move on from him. Well Dwight, why would 5 franchises turn on you if you weren’t the issue? He’s basically the TO of the NBA. 

I posted this in the Magic forum, but it’s a shame what could have been. He’s gonna make the hall of fame and he never even took the game seriously. Could have been a top 5 center of all time with a ring. I hope Orlando never retires his jersey.

15 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Better have a really strong locker room if you add him. Reports were Charlotte got sick of his antics, and I believe it was the same story in Atlanta. Harden had enough of him in Houston and went to the front office to get him off the team, and he couldn’t play with Kobe because he’s a mental midget and isn’t about winning as much as he is clowning. Let’s also not forget that super cringe interview with Stan Van in Orlando where he put his arm around him and pretended like he didn’t know Stan and the rest of the reporters knew he was trying to get him fired. All the meanwhile he is always asking, “ why me?” when teams move on from him. Well Dwight, why would 5 franchises turn on you if you weren’t the issue? He’s basically the TO of the NBA. 

I posted this in the Magic forum, but it’s a shame what could have been. He’s gonna make the hall of fame and he never even took the game seriously. Could have been a top 5 center of all time with a ring. I hope Orlando never retires his jersey.

all this maybe true, but pretty sure he will be signed by someone who believes he can still help them and believe they will overcome his bad locker room presence. I am still curious to see who will pull the trigger

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

all this maybe true, but pretty sure he will be signed by someone who believes he can still help them and believe they will overcome his bad locker room presence. I am still curious to see who will pull the trigger

It’ll be interesting but whoever does sign him is a sucker. The problem with Dwight is that he still sees himself as the 1 or atleast 2 option. He doesn’t view himself as a complimentary piece to a championship roster 

Going to be an interesting offseason.  I don't think PG to the Lakers is as big of a lock as some think.  I wouldn't be surprised if Philly doesn't think they are going to get LeBron or that he might opt-in for them to try and sell PG on Simmons/Embiid and personally that looks better than LA without LeBron, maybe even better with LeBron if they end up having to move some young pieces to get the cap space, though a Kemba/PG/LeBron team would be interesting.

I also don't think it's unreasonable to think that LeBron might opt-in with Cleveland even if he still plans on heading to LA the next offseason to give them more time to put a better situation in place for him.  I really don't think he would like the idea of going to the Lakers only to be guaranteed to be bounced by the Warriors before the Finals rather than in the Finals.  If he does opt-in I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cavs offer Dwight a 1-yr MLE, though I would personally think it's a mistake.

3 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

How would you feel about the team pursuing DeMarcus Cousins? 

DSJ - Luka - Barnes - Dirk - Cousins probably gets you into the playoffs in the West. 

That's a very decent looking starting 5.

Archived