Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

There wasn’t any reason for him to accept that. It wasn’t going to create cap space for the rox. 

Not for free agents on the market but for FA’s on their team.  It would be easier to sign Ariza if Paul is making 30 mil a year instead of 40.  

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Tucker is our starting PF so you can call him whatever you want. The two positions are interchangeable. 

melo isnt a good player anymore, and he was prob overrated in his prime. why would houston want him?

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

never expected him to play for another team. I wonder if this makes kawhi want to stay since Parker was an issue. 

Seeing him in another uniform is gonna feel wrong, not quite as wrong as this

be46886e97fe0faf180e2c1ca1293712.jpg

but still wrong. 

4 hours ago, BAConrad said:

What?

OKC was an elite defense before Roberson went out. 

Roberson and George are maybe the best tandem on defense (perimeter) in the entire NBA. The combination of the talent and length between them is ridiculous. 

And then Adams is a top 5 defensive center IMO at worst. Guys a monster. Somehow still remains underrated. And then Jeremi Grant is solid to pretty damn good himself. 

I assume that the starting 5 will be Russ-Roberson-George-Grant-Adams. Thats maybe the best starting line up defensively in the league. Russ is the weak link in that regard between them, but hes not someone who has to be hidden by any means. He Actually brings it some nights on D too. But I love this lineup around Russ because its full of guys who can get you 15-20 pts a night (more in PG's case, and Roberson isnt as big a liability on offense as people think. Hes been improving every year, and his size is a big advantage in the post), and with 3 guys in PG, Roberson, Grant who with great length and athleticism who can all switch positions. Plus theres that dude Steven Adams. To quote someone I hate very much, Stephen A Smith, "He is a BAD, BAD MAN!!!!". 

Anyway, as someone who roots for OKC as sort of my mistress team to my wife team (Philly), Im so happy that we will be rid of Melo. 

He is the definition of addition by subtraction. And I like the Noel pick up a lot actually. I think hes a great backup to Adams. OKC should be able to finally be the team that lets Noel play the way he should play 

They have defense, but they also have no spacing.

Archived