Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

28 minutes ago, champ11 said:

deal of the summer

Boom! This is the signing that gets the Nuggets over the hump. I gotta stop my last week of the regular season jokes now. Congrats on the Nuggets first playoff birth since 2013!

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Capela should just play on the QO and then dip. Slap Houston in the face for low balling you.

we would probably be able to bring in Jordan next off season to replace him. 

seriously though, the rockets could make some room next season without Capela. 

Anderson, Gordon, Nene are all on the last year of their deals, and can be traded. Lots of teams will have cash next off season, so i dont see any problem trading Andersons deal next year along with a 1st round pick. Gordon can fetch a return. Nene would be easier to trade. Even PJ Tucker will have just 10 million guaranteed left on his deal after this year. Worst case, we can stretch anderson next off season, taking just a 7 million hit on his salary. Trade Gordon/Tucker/Nene and we are looking at close to 30 million in cap space. 

We are probably low balling because we know we can run it back with close to the same team, and if we fail again, we can blow the whole thing up. 

So I am not worried about it. If it works out, and Capela continues to play at his level and gets even better, I doubt he turns down the max we can offer, which is more than anyone else can offer. 

19 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Anderson, Gordon, Nene are all on the last year of their deals, and can be traded. Lots of teams will have cash next off season, so i dont see any problem trading Andersons deal next year along with a 1st round pick. Gordon can fetch a return. Nene would be easier to trade. Even PJ Tucker will have just 10 million guaranteed left on his deal after this year. Worst case, we can stretch anderson next off season, taking just a 7 million hit on his salary. Trade Gordon/Tucker/Nene and we are looking at close to 30 million in cap space. 

We are probably low balling because we know we can run it back with close to the same team, and if we fail again, we can blow the whole thing up. 

So I am not worried about it. If it works out, and Capela continues to play at his level and gets even better, I doubt he turns down the max we can offer, which is more than anyone else can offer. 

Harden, CP3 and Qi are $80M alone. What team can afford/wants to take on Andersons contract? Even expiring, its 21M. You arent dumping that without taking significant cap in return.

28 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

James Harden and CP3 alone make $76.3M alone between those two.  Assuming the salary cap jumps up to $108M, you have to add in an additional $8M in cap holds for the incomplete roster chargers, which pushes the Rockets total to $84.3M.  That means the maximum salary that the Rockets can offer in Year 1 is $23.7M.  So that's assuming that the Rockets are able to unload EVERY contract except Chris Paul and James Harden.  The days of the Rockets being able to give out a max contract are gone.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

James Harden and CP3 alone make $76.3M alone between those two.  Assuming the salary cap jumps up to $108M, you have to add in an additional $8M in cap holds for the incomplete roster chargers, which pushes the Rockets total to $84.3M.  That means the maximum salary that the Rockets can offer in Year 1 is $23.7M.  So that's assuming that the Rockets are able to unload EVERY contract except Chris Paul and James Harden.  The days of the Rockets being able to give out a max contract are gone.

forgot those pesky cap holds, but still enough to sign a really good player. 23.7 million is almost the max for a young guy

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Harden, CP3 and Qi are $80M alone. What team can afford/wants to take on Andersons contract? Even expiring, its 21M. You arent dumping that without taking significant cap in return.

Dwight was making more than that and they got out of his deal for 5 million, so its possible. We could just stretch him and save 14 million. 

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

forgot those pesky cap holds, but still enough to sign a really good player. 23.7 million is almost the max for a young guy

Dwight was making more than that and they got out of his deal for 5 million, so its possible. We could just stretch him and save 14 million. 

Dwight was an All-Star, people will always "hope" they can get him back to that level. You're not getting out of the Ryan Anderson deal without taking back salary. Getting out of PJ Tuckers deal won't be super easy either. Rockets ain't handing out a max to anyone but Capela next year.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Dwight was an All-Star, people will always "hope" they can get him back to that level. You're not getting out of the Ryan Anderson deal without taking back salary. Getting out of PJ Tuckers deal won't be super easy either. Rockets ain't handing out a max to anyone but Capela next year.

Tucker is on a very good deal 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Tucker is on a very good deal 

No, he's not. His last year being partially guaranteed doesn't make it good. You're paying an above average role player 8M for the next two seasons, and 2.5M his final year if you decide to cut him.

Thats not a "very good" deal.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

No, he's not. His last year being partially guaranteed doesn't make it good. You're paying an above average role player 8M for the next two seasons, and 2.5M his final year if you decide to cut him.

Thats not a "very good" deal.

he a very good role player making the MLE, thats a good deal 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

he a very good role player making the MLE, thats a good deal 

He's not a very good role player lol. He's a good defender and an above average shooter. He's also 33 years old. No ones lining up to pay PJ Tucker 24M over the next 3 years.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

thats a blow to Houston. Thought they’d be ok without Ariza as long as they brought him back  

We must think his shoulder injury is serious. Everything I was reading said the problem was that the rockets only wanted a 1 year deal and he wanted multi year, so the clippers must have offered more money on a 1 year. 

Not many options left for the rockets. Ennis, Ellington or Melo 

Archived