Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

The Rockets peaked last season unfortunately. Losing Ariza and Luc and replacing them with Melo is disastrous.

really its replacing Ariza with Melo...Mbah a Moute had no impact on our post season run, and he missed over 20 games in the regular season. 

in a series with the Warriors, we are going Cp3/Gordon/Harden/Tucker/Capela and switching everything in crunch time. So for the rest of the time, the only issue is can melo's offense make up for his defense. Last year melo played with two shoot first guys in Westbrook and PG, this year he just has one in Harden. PLus both CP3/Harden are more willing passers than Westbrook. 

So it will be interesting and could work beautifully, or could, as you say be disastrous. But we still have a 5 man line up that is able to close games that doesnt even require melo. 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

really its replacing Ariza with Melo...Mbah a Moute had no impact on our post season run, and he missed over 20 games in the regular season. 

in a series with the Warriors, we are going Cp3/Gordon/Harden/Tucker/Capela and switching everything in crunch time. So for the rest of the time, the only issue is can melo's offense make up for his defense. Last year melo played with two shoot first guys in Westbrook and PG, this year he just has one in Harden. PLus both CP3/Harden are more willing passers than Westbrook. 

So it will be interesting and could work beautifully, or could, as you say be disastrous. But we still have a 5 man line up that is able to close games that doesnt even require melo. 

I'll save you the time. It'll be disastrous. Current Carmelo Anthony is a terrible player to have on a great team. His offensive capabilities are no longer what they were and he's a total liability on D. He's Ryan Anderson 2.0 at this point. I'm not a Houston fan but I was rooting for them against GS. Bringing him in assures their window has ended.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

oh wow, I didnt know that. So then what is the play? They are going to have to cut him, why are they waiting?

I would assume at this point, they're hoping a team is willing to give them a smaller 1 year contract.  Or that some random team thinks he can actually help them.

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Melo should sign with Denver for the MLE or cheaper. Fans love him to death there and if he actually buys in to a bench role, that could be a very good signing for a team looking to sneak in that 8th or 7th seed.

Go to the Denver to be the 6th man and barely squeak into the playoffs OR go to Houston and be the starting PF and be a title contender?

18 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Melo should sign with Denver for the MLE or cheaper. Fans love him to death there and if he actually buys in to a bench role, that could be a very good signing for a team looking to sneak in that 8th or 7th seed.

Fans do not love the star that chose to leave the city tbh

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Melo sucks now. Completely sucks. He's useless defensively and he's a negative offensively.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Still has one of the quickest first steps in the game when he faces up doe!!!!!!

Replace WHEN with IF, and make a note that IF is a term used very loosely, and also note that even then it probably doesn't matter much because he's too trash to do anything even if he catches the defender off balance, and I think that is an accurate description of this tub of lard.

10 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Replace WHEN with IF, and make a note that IF is a term used very loosely, and also note that even then it probably doesn't matter much because he's too trash to do anything even if he catches the defender off balance, and I think that is an accurate description of this tub of lard.

Dude gets to the rack at will....and then he ends up getting blocked or missing a bunny at the rim because he has the lift of Shaq......from the Celtics.

Archived