Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Depends on how many years that $80 million was spread out over.

If Harris plays as well as he did last season then he'll get more than that next summer.

I dont see harris getting over 20 million a year, not now that the money has tightened up. 

48 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because their terrible deals they signed in 2016 will be off the books. I wouldn’t think they’d be in a hurry to do that again. 

none of those terrible deals are off the books this off season. Those guys all signed 4 year deals. They will be in the final year. 

but yes, teams will have money but they will also be gun shy about giving it all out. it wont be like the last time everyone got money all at once. plus there are some big names out there that will suck up a lot of that money. 

40 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because their terrible deals they signed in 2016 will be off the books. I wouldn’t think they’d be in a hurry to do that again. 

Are you saying signing Harris to more than $80 million would be a terrible deal?  I'm not condoning him getting the max or anything, but he's a good player who's just entering his prime.

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

none of those terrible deals are off the books this off season. Those guys all signed 4 year deals. They will be in the final year. 

but yes, teams will have money but they will also be gun shy about giving it all out. it wont be like the last time everyone got money all at once. plus there are some big names out there that will suck up a lot of that money. 

Except Harris isn't some fringe rotation player like Deng, Mozgov, Mahinmi, Turner, etc.  He's a very good player.

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Except Harris isn't some fringe rotation player like Deng, Mozgov, Mahinmi, Turner, etc.  He's a very good player.

yes, and 20 million per is probably going to be fair market value for him. But i assume he is thinking that the clippers will be terrible and he might put up 25 points per game this season

Archived