Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I would be happy if Pat Riley made a move for another pick + free up cap space in the near future. I don't think he's going to trade Whiteside like everyone in Miami wants to. 

Pat Riley will have to pay a pick to get rid of half the contracts on that roster.

Probably means nothing but Lillard tweeted this

Devin Booker liked the tweet and then followed Dame.

From Portland's standpoint, it makes sense to blow it up a little, maybe build around McCollum and their youth. They clear like $15 million this year in salary + save whatever luxury tax they don't have to pay. 

Josh Jackson, Marquese Chriss, Troy Daniels, Jared Dudley (buyout), Alan Williams (waived, contract is non guaranteed), 2019 MIL 1st round pick and other future picks for Damian Lillard.

Yeah?

11 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Probably means nothing but Lillard tweeted this

Devin Booker liked the tweet and then followed Dame.

From Portland's standpoint, it makes sense to blow it up a little, maybe build around McCollum and their youth. They clear like $15 million this year in salary + save whatever luxury tax they don't have to pay. 

Josh Jackson, Marquese Chriss, Troy Daniels, Jared Dudley (buyout), Alan Williams (waived, contract is non guaranteed), 2019 MIL 1st round pick and other future picks for Damian Lillard.

Yeah?

Could mean anything, but Portland would want and deserve a lot more than that.  1st Team All-NBA PG with no injury concerns and locked in for 3 more seasons?  Yeah, it's going to take more than Josh Jackson and a couple mid-1st round picks.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Could mean anything, but Portland would want and deserve a lot more than that.  1st Team All-NBA PG with no injury concerns and locked in for 3 more seasons?  Yeah, it's going to take more than Josh Jackson and a couple mid-1st round picks.

Probably. Josh is a really good piece though, and idk how much Portland is paying in luxury tax but that have one of the highest salaries in the league every year for a 7th seed who loses in the 1st round every year.

Idk just spitballing. Maybe the Suns add in Elie Okobo too (is that possible though since he’s already signed?)

1 minute ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Probably. Josh is a really good piece though, and idk how much Portland is paying in luxury tax but that have one of the highest salaries in the league every year for a 7th seed who loses in the 1st round every year.

Idk just spitballing. Maybe the Suns add in Elie Okobo too (is that possible though since he’s already signed?)

Bridges would be bye-bye as well.

Jackson
Bridges
Okobo
2019 Milwaukee 1st
2019 Phoenix 1st (unprotected)
Salary filler

That might do it if Lillard demands a trade and Phoenix also takes back Evan Turner or Meyers Leonard.

1 minute ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

We don’t have the cap space to take back Turner or Leonard unless “salary filler” is Dudley, Chandler, Williams and Daniels I think. 

Also I wouldn’t do that. They get one of Jackson or Bridges, not both.

Then Portland would be selling Lillard for 50 cents on the dollar IMO.  I wouldn't trade him without getting a great package.  Lillard has no leverage even if he did demand a trade and Portland is a good team that can make a deep run with some injury luck.  I'm not trading my franchise player for Josh Jackson, a player who's shown 0 growth, a 2nd round pick, and a couple middling future picks.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Then Portland would be selling Lillard for 50 cents on the dollar IMO.  I wouldn't trade him without getting a great package.  Lillard has no leverage even if he did demand a trade and Portland is a good team that can make a deep run with some injury luck.  I'm not trading my franchise player for Josh Jackson, a player who's shown 0 growth, a 2nd round pick, and a couple middling future picks.

Jackson showed a ton of growth though after January.

He sucked the first 3 months of the year, but was legit once the calendar flipped to 2018.

Archived