Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I hope some team gives Aaron Gordon the max and we don’t match. He is a good player but he isn’t worth it. 

I’d max out Gordon if Orlando were willing to take Warren and Chriss.

54 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's insane. He's the best true C in the NBA right now. He's worth every penny of a max contract.

No. He’s not the best. And now he’s got an injury that guards have a problem coming back from. He’s going to have even more problems as a 270 pound 6’10 center. 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No. He’s not the best. And now he’s got an injury that guards have a problem coming back from. He’s going to have even more problems as a 270 pound 6’10 center. 

You said you wouldn't give him a max contract before the injury. That's the insane part to me. And who's a better true C right now? The other elite big men are power forwards or simply not nearly as good as Boogie.

55 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

You said you wouldn't give him a max contract before the injury. That's the insane part to me. And who's a better true C right now? The other elite big men are power forwards or simply not nearly as good as Boogie.

I'd take AD and KAT over him now. Him vs. Jokic and Embiid moving forward are interesting comparison too.

I'd take Cousins over KAT, but Embiid over Cousins due to his dominant defense. 

He's obviously a beast when healthy but suffered one of the worst injuries an athlete could suffer. 

I don't know if it was in this thread or another one, but Mavs getting Cousins won't guarantee them a playoff spot. Assuming Smith takes a leap forward, that squad gets you around 35-40 wins as Cousins will likely miss 15-20 games. 

DeMarcus Cousins needs to be the second best player on his team. I would not be excited to max him out as your franchise guy, esp with this injury. He's a special talent, but you don't want him as your culture setter. I'd understand if the Mavs maxed him out, but I'd be weary. 

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'd take AD and KAT over him now. Him vs. Jokic and Embiid moving forward are interesting comparison too.

Both of those guys are PF's. They COULD play C, but I didn't lump them in the C category. I'd take both over Cousins too.

I agree that Cousins should be the "Robin" on a team, but if you're trying to win a championship, your 2nd best player should be a max contract guy. And I think you can win a title with (Insert Major Superstar Here), DeMarcus Cousins, and some good role players.

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

DeMarcus Cousins needs to be the second best player on his team. I would not be excited to max him out as your franchise guy, esp with this injury. He's a special talent, but you don't want him as your culture setter. I'd understand if the Mavs maxed him out, but I'd be weary. 

Dallas has a winning culture in place and he'll be able to play with Dirk for at least a year under an elite coach. Boogie has never been in a great situation and Dallas would by far be the best fit for him both in terms of a personnel standpoint and a cultural standpoint. 

3 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

Dallas has a winning culture in place and he'll be able to play with Dirk for at least a year under an elite coach. Boogie has never been in a great situation and Dallas would by far be the best fit for him both in terms of a personnel standpoint and a cultural standpoint. 

Boogie is in a good spot right now IMO. The Boogie/Carlisle relationship could go south pretty quick if those two didn't get along. Carlisle doesn't seem to be the most flexible coach as far as personalities and play styles go. 

Archived