Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Boogie is in a good spot right now IMO. The Boogie/Carlisle relationship could go south pretty quick if those two didn't get along. Carlisle doesn't seem to be the most flexible coach as far as personalities and play styles go. 

New Orleans was better when Cousins went out and they moved Davis to the 5 with another shooter in the lineup. 

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Both of those guys are PF's. They COULD play C, but I didn't lump them in the C category. I'd take both over Cousins too.

I agree that Cousins should be the "Robin" on a team, but if you're trying to win a championship, your 2nd best player should be a max contract guy. And I think you can win a title with (Insert Major Superstar Here), DeMarcus Cousins, and some good role players.

Both guys are 5s in today's game. AD moved over to PF to accommodate Cousins, but he's a better player at the 5.

20 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

New Orleans was better when Cousins went out and they moved Davis to the 5 with another shooter in the lineup. 

I was speaking from an organizational/culture standpoint. I don't love those two together on the floor either but I think if I'm NO I don't let the talent go. 

51 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just let him play on the team option this year. Is it less money long term maybe?

Just not worth the risk of him leaving as an UFA...period. He's the best player on the team, pay him like it as soon as you can. Making him play for 1.5m or whatever could make him want to leave or a number of other things could happen during the season that would make him want to leave. Lock the franchise player up 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just let him play on the team option this year. Is it less money long term maybe?

He would become an UFA. So he could leave if he wanted to. This way he is a RFA and he has no choice lol.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:53 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Both of those guys are PF's. They COULD play C, but I didn't lump them in the C category. I'd take both over Cousins too.

I agree that Cousins should be the "Robin" on a team, but if you're trying to win a championship, your 2nd best player should be a max contract guy. And I think you can win a title with (Insert Major Superstar Here), DeMarcus Cousins, and some good role players.

In what world are Embiid and KAT 4s? 

10 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

In what world are Embiid and KAT 4s? 

our boy rammy was way ahead of the time i remember

El Ramster (Clippers) 
HC: Steve Kerr 

PG: Jeff Teague, Delon Wright, Yogi Ferell 
SG: Dwyane Wade, Lance Stephenson 
SF: Buddy Hield, Mirza Teletovic 
PF: Joel Embiid, Thadeus Young, Kevin Seraphin, David Lee 
C: Hassan Whiteside, Noah Vonleh

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=588274

Just now, jfinley88 said:

our boy rammy was way ahead of the time i remember

El Ramster (Clippers) 
HC: Steve Kerr 

PG: Jeff Teague, Delon Wright, Yogi Ferell 
SG: Dwyane Wade, Lance Stephenson 
SF: Buddy Hield, Mirza Teletovic 
PF: Joel Embiid, Thadeus Young, Kevin Seraphin, David Lee 
C: Hassan Whiteside, Noah Vonleh

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=588274

That team was so bad....

On 6/24/2018 at 12:53 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Embiid is not a PF. 

10 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Embiid is not a PF. 

I wasn't talking about Embiid. I was talking about KAT and Davis. Davis is most certainly going to be a long-term PF with Cousins there and I was wrong about KAT. For some reason I thought they started Dieng at the C spot since he's not nearly as capable of spreading the floor or defending quicker PF's. I was wrong on that one.

Archived