Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

3 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Warriors went from nobody can be mad at them because they drafted all world talent, to now being the pinnacle of all evil for stacking on through free agency.

I still can't get over the Cousins thing. That has the makings of the biggest steal (aka total BS) in NBA history.

-best team already has 1 position they're weak at

-character issues guy with insane talent is hurt (which also helped them in that series, LOL!)

-character issues guy with insane talent happens to be a free agent

-character issues guy with insane talent signs for 5 million with best team when absolute trash is getting multiyear deals for more

Like I get that many teams wouldn't want to build around him because of the issues and injury concerns, but holy crap was there no other contender who would give him like a 2 year that's worth more, or a bigger 1 year show me what you got contract?

I mean seriously, that's so freaking lucky and awful.

Boogie called the Warriors. Don't be mad at the Dubs.

9 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Warriors went from nobody can be mad at them because they drafted all world talent, to now being the pinnacle of all evil for stacking on through free agency.

I still can't get over the Cousins thing. That has the makings of the biggest steal (aka total BS) in NBA history.

-best team already has 1 position they're weak at

-character issues guy with insane talent is hurt (which also helped them in that series, LOL!)

-character issues guy with insane talent happens to be a free agent

-character issues guy with insane talent signs for 5 million with best team when absolute trash is getting multiyear deals for more

Like I get that many teams wouldn't want to build around him because of the issues and injury concerns, but holy crap was there no other contender who would give him like a 2 year that's worth more, or a bigger 1 year show me what you got contract?

I mean seriously, that's so freaking lucky and awful.

Teams were scared of this mans character and had injury concerns. Golden State is taking a HUGE risk here. Boogie wanted them, not the other way around. This could completely blow up in their faces and end the dynasty. Just tune in next season to see how it unfolds!!!!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Boogie called the Warriors. Don't be mad at the Dubs.

Doesn't really matter, the end result is still the same. Maybe actually worse if that's the case, I dunno. At this point you can expect this every offseason, no reason to think it stops.

I'll basically be watching almost no basketball next season for sure. I wonder if overall this is good for the league because high drama and primetime games that excite casuals more than offsets the people who are upset with the state of the league.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I don’t think he’s just wildly stating this. Seems like he’s nearly fully mobile based on his rehab videos.

Rehab videos aren't the same as getting on the court in live games though. Can he change direction or cut at this point on the floor? Even if he can, for how long? I think the Warriors will force him to take it slow.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Teams were scared of this mans character and had injury concerns. Golden State is taking a HUGE risk here. Boogie wanted them, not the other way around. This could completely blow up in their faces and end the dynasty. Just tune in next season to see how it unfolds!!!!!!!! 

There's little risk here. Lakers took more risk with Artest, who is legit mentally unhinged, and there even wasn't a tiny amount of controversy. This team isn't about Cousins and he's playing for peanuts. He has less than zero leverage if he goes on an ego trip. They can dump or bench him and still be the best team in the league.

Small risk, huge reward. With the consequences of the risk being meh.

Funny thing is Jaren Jackson Jr. makes more money than Cousins. JJJ has only played one summer league game (great debut btw) but still one summer league game and is going to make more money than Cousins this upcoming season. 

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

There's little risk here. Lakers took more risk with Artest, who is legit mentally unhinged, and there even wasn't a tiny amount of controversy. This team isn't about Cousins and he's playing for peanuts. He has less than zero leverage if he goes on an ego trip. They can dump or bench him and still be the best team in the league.

Small risk, huge reward. With the consequences of the risk being meh.

I agree, not a huge risk since it's a one year 5 million dollar deal. Cousins is going to want a huge deal so I'm sure he will be on his best behavior.

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I agree, not a huge risk since it's a one year 5 million dollar deal. Cousins is going to want a huge deal so I'm sure he will be on his best behavior.

Exactly. Best player at the position, auditioning for a massive deal, on a team with an incredible team culture and system...

Best deal in the history of all universes across all dimensions.

1 hour ago, Winnie The Bish said:

2016: all boogie cares about is stats and getting his money . Bad teammate . Whata clown.

7/2/2018: boogie is sacrificing money and stats for a championship . Whata clown.

My favorite is that there is now an acceptable age range to chase a ring .

There’s Also acceptable ways to build super teams .

It’s also okay for single franchises to dominate a support if it’s the lakers or Celtics or bulls . Anybody else ? Ruining basketball .

2017: nobody else has a chance ! ... except rockets who had complete control of the series .

y’all cry babies are the real clowns . You talk about how the players are non-competitive anymore yet y’all quit on your teams before every year (except rocket fans)

He literally may not have any impact this season at all but will likely get a title. He also more than likely turned down more money to do so. He's a clown. 

4 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Yes. Yes it absolutely does. Going to a team to play 5th fiddle and get carried to a ring and signing an MLE to do it makes you an effing tool. 

Are Warriors fans really going to be this obnoxious about this? Pretending like this isn’t the lamest move in sports history.

I'm not a Warriors fan. Sorry that you're jealous

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

I applaud Cousins. He cares more about winning than money. And that's the way it should be for players

Anthony Davis to the Warriors in 2021 for no money but a lot of respect after losing to the Warriors every year.

The league and AD both need this.

Archived